overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1304   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.01/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Modelo Especial, a pilsener type beer, was introduced to the market in 1966. Today it is sold in glass bottles as well as cans, which are having an increasing demand due to consumer preferences, making Modelo Especial the leader in the can segment in Mexico.

dasilentman314 (1) - Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2011 does not count
Modelo is a good mexican beer that taste excellent with lime and salt, has to be from a good store and chilled at the right temp.-If not it can be skunked and not taste as good. My opinion is that a Modelo will always taste better in Mexico.

NOSHOWJONES99 (22) - USA - FEB 2, 2002
good all around mexican beer and what .....................................

TBonePickens (1) - Amherst, Ohio, USA - JUN 2, 2012 does not count
I would never had had this beer, but I needed to grab something cold at the store to have one with a friend. Man. This beer was crisp, with no funny weird taste that others try to pass of as ’malty’ or ’hopsy’ . I was able to drink this beer with ease, so much so that I didn’t realized I had downed 3 in an hour. Yet, like a great wine in Italy, I didn’t feel drunk. What a beer. Try it!!!

mikomojo (2) - Manchester, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2017 does not count
Go to beer on a hot sunny day! A posh Corona for sure but very much a fantastic session beer.

slyde (11) - Florida, USA - AUG 23, 2017
This is one of several beers I keep in my fridge at all times. I only recently discovered it and it has become a favorite. My only complaint is that the foil is difficult to remove around the tip. Not a problem if I pour it in a glass.

rhbeerguy7 (1) - - SEP 2, 2017 does not count
Very good tasting beer. Goes down smooth. Good prices. Can drink 4 24 ounces.. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

zygomatic99 (17) - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA - FEB 3, 2002
Very pleasant Mexican pilsner. A great hot weather beer....................