overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 457   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Imported Molson Ice. Premium Ice Beer - Biere Glace de Qualite. Canada’s oldest brewery - since 1786.

Headbanger (4022) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAY 1, 2014
Bottle (Old Notes)-Pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma of corn, grains, and slight malt. Taste of malt, corn, and light hops. This light bodied brew is just another "ice" pale lager.

0.7
rookiebeersnob (1) - Georgia, USA - APR 1, 2014 does not count
This is my first stab at a rating, so I figured I’d start with a softball, good ol Molson Ice. Once upon a time, I used to think Ice Beer was some kind of premium; now I know them for what they are: crap beer that has had extra crappiness frozen into it by removing some of it’s most redeeming ingredient...water. Smell: Awful. Reminiscent of the men’s bathroom at a stadium during your 6th inning piss break. Appearance: Darkish yellow, pretty much what you would expect when you take a light beer, freeze it, then squeeze it out like concentrated orange juice. Imagine that. lots of misleading head that quickly dissolves to nothing. However, if forced at gunpoint to experience this swill using just one of my senses, I guess looking at it isn’t all that bad. So, you know, props to Molson Ice for not looking as bad as it smells/tastes/is! Taste: Remarkably metallic, considering I poured it from a bottle. When I was younger, I drank beer with my friends but secretly thought it tasted awful and assumed all beer was like that. This is one of those beers that lead me to that early opinion and no doubt robbed me of several years of actually enjoying good beer. Thanks a pile, Canada! Palate: Sticky yet watery, like a sprite that’s gone flat in a solo cup. Only instead of sprite, it’s actually mop water from aforementioned stadium bathroom, and by solo cup I mean a crusty sweat sock. Overall: Terrible. Not even a low-budget choice. For tight budget weeks, I’ll stick with the lights...not much to right home about either way but at least I’m spared the assault to all of my senses (except one). If this is the only thing to drink, I can’t help but wonder if I floated a few ice cubes in this swill if maybe, just maybe, the water-to-alcohol ration might balance out enough to turn it back into plain ’Ol Molson and henceforth become merely tasteless yet tolerable.

BeerandBlues2 (14018) - Escondido, California, USA - MAR 31, 2014
Bottle at home. Pours brilliantly clear gold with a small, frothy white head, short retention with spare lacing. Aroma is corn, Pils malt, light alcohol notes, and spicy hops. Flavor is pale malt, corn, light hops and bitterness, light alcohol and a sweet finish. Light body and medium carbonation.

ChadPolenz (1847) - Lakeland, Florida, USA - FEB 9, 2014
I poured a 24oz can into a 1-liter boot stein. It had a best before date of 6/16/14 and cost $1.28 ($0.05 per ounce).

Appearance: Crystal-clear golden hue with plenty of spastic effervescence. Pours to a fairly large, white, fluffy head which actually laces and retains well for the style.

Smell: Corn grits and flaked maize (but I repeat myself). Generic adjunct lager aroma. Nothing foul.

Taste: Usually, beers with "Ice" in the name tend to intimidate me more than actual malt liquors. Something about the freeze distillation tends to give the beer a dirty, metallic flavor. That’s how I remember Molson Ice when I reviewed in 2010. It was brewed in Canada back then, but this particular can was brewed by Coors in Colorado. I’m not sure if the recipe was changed or if Americans do a better job of brewing it, but the result is a relatively strong pale adjunct lager that’s far from terrible.

Much like Coors Light, Molson Ice has an overt taste of corn that dominates the palette. Unlike Coors Light, there’s no tang or sharp sensation, nor is there any club soda-like character present. While there isn’t a lot of true taste to the palette, what’s here isn’t offensive. It’s not appealing, either, merely tolerable. No overt off-flavors or brewing flaws, but little to genuinely enjoy.

Drinkability: I was surprised at how quickly and easily I was able to suck down an entire 24oz serving of Molson Ice. The mouthfeel is rather thin, but of course quite bubbly, which leads to plenty of burping. It is refreshing while crossing the tongue and finishes completely clean. It’d be nice if it had more flavor considering its weight of 5.6% ABV, but this beer is consumed for its performance value so it’s understandable.

lukedarock (246) - Howell, Michigan, USA - JAN 26, 2014
It doesnt smell or look all that great but it tastes alot better than I was told and really not too bad for a ice

DrSilverworm (10000) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 13, 2014
24oz can, from the Growler Stop shell gas station. Best by June 9 14. Clear golden color. Inch of nice rocky white head, with great retention. Nice continuous stream of bubbles. A few arms of lace. This is a nice looking beer. Medium body. Smooth, soft, lighter carbonation. More dry finish. Reasonable smooth and easy drinking. Relatively clean bready aroma, some lemon citrus. Moderate tart taste, sweet, a very light bite. Much better than expected. Good value for the $1.50.

0.9
mstrcrwly (1000) - New York, USA - JAN 3, 2014
can’t fathom how this beer is 5.5% abv..and i use the term beer very loosely..

Metalchopz (3674) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 4, 2013
Had to come to the States to try this Canadian Ice brew, supervised by Molson, but brewed by Coors here. Pours a clean golden colour with a frothy white head, good retention and thick creamy and foam lace. Smells like fresh malt at first, then just gets mild. The taste is malty and a little sweet, but not overly. Goes down quite smoothly. I guess it is well-supervised, as it has this Canadian feel to it (and not A-B style). Did not find much corn in this. Just not as "iced" as most tried (with the no-aftertaste). Nice and malty.

b3shine (9257) - Indiana, USA - NOV 19, 2013
24 oz can to pint (shared with the Mrs.). Looks fine for what it is; a transparent gold with white head that steadily dissipates into very thin lacing. Smells doughy and skunky; cheap with notes of lager yeast. Tastes like it smells with a sub-par mouthfeel. Not good at all.

Patrickctenchi (6807) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - NOV 10, 2013
Bottle: clear gold with a small white head. Grain, corn malt aroma. Taste is sweet....corn, a little light fruit, sugar. Fairly smooth, but too sweet for the mix. just OK.