overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 171   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? It’s right there on the bottle…. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And that’s why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

1.4
probstblueribbon (3791) - Nepean, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2013
473 ml can from LCBO, served cool in a tulip glass.

App.: Clear golden with a decent bright white froth. Aroma: Vague grains/cereals, very light grassy hops, a little cardboard, bland, blah. Palate: Medium body and carbonation. Flav.: As underwhelming as the nose; dry, minimal bitterness and a vapid, macro lager finish.

An homage to a misspent youth. Very misspent, apparently.

Sixx (28) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 22, 2013
Not a beer worth trying. There is nothing of worth in any aspect of it. It’s a bland, tasteless, cheep beer. With no real aroma or specific flavour notes and a bitter after-taste. Do not buy.

darrenvox (4) - embro, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 17, 2013 does not count
Good old taste. I used to drink this a lot in banff alberta. While watching elk walk by

OntBeerDrinker (514) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2013
Big soapy head. Right away lots of carbination and within few seconds slowly and veary little left. Looks like a little watery pale lager. Smell is typical macro lager smell and a little apple. Taste is a typical macro lager with mabye a tiny little hop taste noticed and mabye a little smoother. Nothing good or bad. Something that seems work drinking to refresh on hot day or just try out. cheer’s.

smmaaren (588) - NORWAY - JAN 25, 2013
341 ml bottle from a "gentlemans" club i Toronto. Nothing special about this one, pretty ordinary. OK thirstquencher.

Spab (3838) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 24, 2012
355 ml can at Spirit of Edmonton in Sheraton Centre (Toronto) basement. Pours a clear golden colour with average-sized white head. Aroma is weak and grainy. Flavour likewise though no off notes. Not good, for macro lager it relatively inoffensive.

cards04 (2793) - Steinbach, Manitoba, CANADA - NOV 9, 2012
Molsons attempt at a pilsner, and you can tell. Pretty boring aromas and flavours...some grains and sweet hay...nothing that sets it apart from other macro-brew pilsners.

af310310 (14) - - AUG 5, 2012
When I first saw this beer, I wasn’t sure what to think. Old-timey bottles and cans, not too widespread where I am, but my uncle seemed to enjoy it, so I gave it a try with an open mind. To put it simply, not too shabby. It’s no award winner, but I can see why people like to drink this. It’s a different product for a cheap price. Good flavor and decent drinkability. Would take over Budweiser any day. If you’re looking for something a little different, but want to stay in the Pale Lager category of beers, this is worth a try.

sweetpeej (1) - Alberta, CANADA - AUG 4, 2012 does not count
Thsi is a beautiful beer. It actually tastes like something. A cornicopia of flavours that both enchant and delight. Label is brillant! This is and always will be a classic Canadian beer. It tastes like Angels’ tears as they weep for joy. I have drank thousands of Pil’s and I am never disappointed. In fact I am going to crack one right away and laugh at the bad reviews from beer snobs. Go suck on a Heini and leave the Pil to real beer drinkers!

kliggerwar (154) - - JUL 18, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2012 My first beer and still one of my favorites. I compare all beers to this beer one way or another. Not just a generic beer like so many other canadian lagers such as Canadian, Kokanee, Blue, etc. Pilsner has a unique aftertaste which leaves you wanting another drink after every drink, I truly believe what separates it from all other Lagers. One word to decribe it would be Delicious. Best Cold but will do rodeo cool (warm, for all you haven’t read "I Hope they Serve Beer in Hell" By Tucker Max). Great label, Best Label, You can spend hours looking at it loving your Beer and admiring how much effort was put into it to make a perfect label to match the perfect beer. It will always stick out as one of the best. It is also a great beer to offer to people from other countries they usually quite like it or should I say love it. Best out of a Bottle but still good in a can. Oh ya screw the hoity toity people who swear drinking beers is better out of glasses. Pilsner drinkers enjoy it straight from the bottle because thats the way god intended it. Go Riders Go. Win or Lose its Pilsner Season.