overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 171   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? Its right there on the bottle. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And thats why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
HeistAlmighty (1156) - Saint John, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 21, 2011
473ml can. A really old school macro brew. It is pretty much another generic Canadian lager. Went down easy, at least.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
gramity (1634) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 4, 2011
Poured clear amber with a thin head. Plain grainy aroma. Crisp carbonated mouthfeel. Flavour is mostly generic corn grain. Not recommended

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
maley1 (1233) - Calgary, CANADA - JUN 12, 2011
Golden yellow pour with small head. Aroma of corn and grain. Nice crisp taste with good carbonation. Not much for flavour but very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
michclark (88) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2011
Very good as the name suggest "old style pilsner beer." Crisp flavour, good amount of aroma and nice golden appearance. Very easy to drink. Could use a little more flavour though

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Strangebrewer (1272) - Chatham, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 21, 2011
UPDATED: SEP 12, 2015 bottle. Poured clear amber with a thin head. Plain grainy aroma. Light body, crisp carbonation, macro mouthfeel. Flavour is mostly generic corn grain, light pale malt, faint bitterness. Not much to this brew, another macro with good advertising.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Lagerboy (2135) - British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 24, 2011
Smells like sewage water, but doesnt go down half bad out of an ice cold can on a hot day. Like most Industrial Swill, no emphasis on malts or hops, its all sweet corn, thats it. Value priced for you lagerboys with little money and no tastebuds.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
mnurda (1269) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - JAN 17, 2011
I have to agree with the most recent eaters. This is not as bad as. Expected. I haven had one n a while and could see drinking a few on a hot day

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jagooar (18) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2011
Listen up you beer snobs with your cask-aged ales and such. I love old style pilly! But youre all sorta right. It stinks, its colour is off-putting, and the flavours dont dance on the palate as some of you fairies would prefer. But hear ye, this beer is good. You can put em back with little effort and they dont taste bad (in fact they dont taste much at all... beside the point). Refreshing, smooth, and the most decent tasting of the cheap stuff. So to every man who enjoys this stuff and has maybe taken a tongue lashing from a beer snob, I salute you. This is not a beer you only have one of. And even if its not the best according to the "experienced beer drinker", I will never be ashamed to love it. Drinkability and refreshment deserve a lot more credit. So is it a pint of the finest heavy stout or a can of ice cold old style? You tell me after a day in the hot sun.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hammy78 (968) - Dundas, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2010
I rated this beer high simply because I love to have it whenever I can get my hands on it. I just love doing shot guns with Terry and Deaner.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
sinkhole (263) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 3, 2010
Bottle. Pours a clear golden with an above average white head. Aromas of barley, hops and malts. Taste is crisp, a good blend of the sweeter malt and the bitter hop/wheat. A very nice mass brewed Pil.