overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 173   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? It’s right there on the bottle…. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And that’s why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

Mullo's rating

Mullo (102) - Brisbane, - AUG 25, 2005
Metaliic commercial lager. Famously appears in the film "Fubar". (Obviously) not a true plisner. Quite maltly, but not very hopped. Lacked balance. Thin bodied. Hay, straw hopping. Cabbage/corn undertones.

Steamboy (5) - - JUN 1, 2017 does not count
Better than drinking out of the toilet, ok if you don't have anything better; better thank Kokanee

UXO (1896) - CANADA - MAY 17, 2017
Appearance: clear pale straw with one finger of fluffy white head, good retention and well-defined lacing. (3/5) Aroma: grassy, corn, pale malt. (4/10) Taste: moderate sweet, low bitter. (4/10) Palate: light body, moderate carbonation, short mild finish. (3/5) I drank an awful lot of this when I was young(er) and stupid(er). My response to it now is pretty predictable - but it’s nigh-on the only thing at YYZ I haven’t officially ranked before, so what’m I supposed to do? (9/20) 4.5/10 #ryansbooze ryansbooze.com

Whatup14 (1976) - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 20, 2017
Canette 355ml. Couleur jaune paille translucide, mousse blanche. Arôme de malt pâle, herbal. Goût de malt, maïs, légère amertume, herbacé. Carbonatation moyenne-élevée, corps moyen-faible.

1.3
fiery_1 (927) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear classic weak yellow colour. Nose of sweet hay. Flavour is pretty tasteless, sweetened beer water with a hint of metallic.

lupulist (348) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
Pours a pale light colour with a white head. Mild aroma of breadiness. Taste is bland, but inoffensive. Watery finish with a hint of glassy bitterness.

mcberko (17335) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear piss yellow with a medium white head. Aroma brings out notes of hay and a touch of straw. Flavour is pretty tasteless, with straw, light hay and sweet cereal malts. A little skunk. Inoffensive, but pointless. No good, obviously.

0.7
nothingfv (1) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 4, 2016 does not count
Curiosity finally got the best of me. I have been on a kick for a while to find the best value beer. This ain’t it. Not even close. I have a pretty simple beer pallet...I like it or I don’t, but I have never until today poured a beer down the sink even when I don’t like it. I have never been so offended by a beer in my life. Aroma. No real sense of smell. It wasn’t skunky. Appearance. Poured nice golden yellow with a thick soapy head looked promising Taste. Started Bland like most cheep beer but then a flavour I can only describe as what I think turpentine would taste like is left behind when you swallow it.

googleimage83 (164) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 24, 2016
George Carlin would have a field day with the name: "old style", but I digress. Aroma is mild, corny, some cereal malt, kind of musty - not really a fan. Appearance is pretty standard not-quite-pilsner lager, clear straw-yellow, scattered soapy head, less watery than your typical pale lager. Taste is mild, grainy, slightly sweet, mostly malt with little hop character. Not as musty as the aroma, but there’s a prominent metallic note in the finish. Way too much carbonation. Good grain presence makes this better than average for Molson, to be sure. While it’s nowhere close to "good", it’s easy to finish.

Listigovers (1162) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 21, 2016
Wow, the design on the can shows some natives having their way of life destroyed by pilsner, -1 off appearance for being a bummer. That said it looks fizzy pale yellow, dirty smell of frozen peas, tastes like stale grain, a bit pissy. Pretty bad, watery AND metallic.

Wim (3959) - Weelde, BELGIUM - AUG 18, 2016
On holiday in Canada can gold blond colored body with a white head and a herby malt aroma a herby sweet malt taste with a slight bitter finish