overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 170   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? Its right there on the bottle. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And thats why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

Tessic's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Tessic (1061) - Brantford, Ontario, - MAY 21, 2014
This pils poured a clear light yellow with a big bright white head. Scents include corn, eggs and cream. First swig was very watery with light malt flavours and a hint of hops. Finish is lightly bitter with a malty corn flavour lingering.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
fiery_1 (356) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear classic weak yellow colour. Nose of sweet hay. Flavour is pretty tasteless, sweetened beer water with a hint of metallic.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
lupulist (314) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
Pours a pale light colour with a white head. Mild aroma of breadiness. Taste is bland, but inoffensive. Watery finish with a hint of glassy bitterness.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mcberko (15016) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear piss yellow with a medium white head. Aroma brings out notes of hay and a touch of straw. Flavour is pretty tasteless, with straw, light hay and sweet cereal malts. A little skunk. Inoffensive, but pointless. No good, obviously.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
nothingfv (1) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 4, 2016 does not count
Curiosity finally got the best of me. I have been on a kick for a while to find the best value beer. This aint it. Not even close. I have a pretty simple beer pallet...I like it or I dont, but I have never until today poured a beer down the sink even when I dont like it. I have never been so offended by a beer in my life. Aroma. No real sense of smell. It wasnt skunky. Appearance. Poured nice golden yellow with a thick soapy head looked promising Taste. Started Bland like most cheep beer but then a flavour I can only describe as what I think turpentine would taste like is left behind when you swallow it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
googleimage83 (82) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 24, 2016
George Carlin would have a field day with the name: "old style", but I digress. Aroma is mild, corny, some cereal malt, kind of musty - not really a fan. Appearance is pretty standard not-quite-pilsner lager, clear straw-yellow, scattered soapy head, less watery than your typical pale lager. Taste is mild, grainy, slightly sweet, mostly malt with little hop character. Not as musty as the aroma, but theres a prominent metallic note in the finish. Way too much carbonation. Good grain presence makes this better than average for Molson, to be sure. While its nowhere close to "good", its easy to finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Listigovers (944) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 21, 2016
Wow, the design on the can shows some natives having their way of life destroyed by pilsner, -1 off appearance for being a bummer. That said it looks fizzy pale yellow, dirty smell of frozen peas, tastes like stale grain, a bit pissy. Pretty bad, watery AND metallic.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Wim (3742) - Weelde, BELGIUM - AUG 18, 2016
On holiday in Canada can gold blond colored body with a white head and a herby malt aroma a herby sweet malt taste with a slight bitter finish

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 10/20
ChadPoole (350) - Ontario, CANADA - AUG 8, 2016
Had to grab this as soon as I saw it, I thought about shot gunning it like in the movie Fubar, but then how could I rate it. So I bought 2. Pours clear gold with a fizzy white head that lasts and laces the glass. Some malt in the aroma but not much else. Taste is grain, sweet malt and hay. Has a bit of a tin aftertaste. All in all just not that good. Hoping shot gunning the 2nd one makes it taste better.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Gerbeer (3268) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 1, 2016
On tap. Tried as the only other alternative was Bud Lite Lime. Didnt know there was still a market for kegs of this stuff. Pours a clear gold with light head. Aromas - nope. Flavors of semi sweet watery corn syrup and hints of grain. At least no cardboard. What an experience.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
dandeman (861) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 17, 2016
Moi aussi jai t attir par le look de la cannette. a sent la levure lager , les crales et le foin. Mais a sent le commercial et le sirop de mas. Dune limpidit remarquable, le liquide dor ple dveloppe une mousse paisse et crmeuse qui persiste assez longtemps. Leffervescence et linsipidit marquent lentre de bouche sur une finale lgrement herbace et cralire. On gote pas mal le sirop de mas et les adjuvants chimiques. Bire commerciale sans intrt. la limite du buvable.