overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Pale Lager
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 158   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
At Pilsner we have not changed since our beer was 1st brewed in 1926. Why? It’s right there on the bottle…. "old style". Those are more than just words on a beloved label. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner from being a fad. And that’s why our advertising, promotions and even our website have been done in the style of 1926- old style. Being true to who we are has kept our drinkers loyal and kept Pilsner form being a fad. The stagecoach on the label is not a band wagon..... the rabbit would not stand for it.

Tessic's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Tessic (1206) - Brantford, Ontario, - MAY 21, 2014
This pils poured a clear light yellow with a big bright white head. Scents include corn, eggs and cream. First swig was very watery with light malt flavours and a hint of hops. Finish is lightly bitter with a malty corn flavour lingering.

peaveylowes (1) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 7, 2017 does not count
I love this beer. I have chosen this over more expensive beers just based on flavor.

Raistlin (459) - London, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 8, 2017
Pale yellow pour, fairly large head that disappeared fast. Grassy and grainy aroma and taste, corn, light hopping detected. Easy drinking, if nothing else.

AleRider78 (1451) - Winchester, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 5, 2017
Pours a huge foamy, bubbly white head which gives off thick patchy lacing. Has a straw coloured appearance. Mainly grainy and wheaty aromas. Very light roasted malts. Some hints of corn adjunct used in this one. Flavours are pretty much same as aromas. Just lots of corn, grains and wheats. Very mild sweetness. But something about it makes it real easy to drink and has just enough flavour. Sort of a mild, flat, prickly mouthfeel. Light and smooth, not much else. Awesome old school/retro label on cans from the old Lethbridge, Alberta brewed beer.

Steamboy (5) - - JUN 1, 2017 does not count
Better than drinking out of the toilet, ok if you don't have anything better; better thank Kokanee

UXO (1922) - CANADA - MAY 17, 2017
Appearance: clear pale straw with one finger of fluffy white head, good retention and well-defined lacing. (3/5) Aroma: grassy, corn, pale malt. (4/10) Taste: moderate sweet, low bitter. (4/10) Palate: light body, moderate carbonation, short mild finish. (3/5) I drank an awful lot of this when I was young(er) and stupid(er). My response to it now is pretty predictable - but it’s nigh-on the only thing at YYZ I haven’t officially ranked before, so what’m I supposed to do? (9/20) 4.5/10 #ryansbooze ryansbooze.com

Whatup14 (2161) - Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, CANADA - FEB 20, 2017
Canette 355ml. Couleur jaune paille translucide, mousse blanche. Arôme de malt pâle, herbal. Goût de malt, maïs, légère amertume, herbacé. Carbonatation moyenne-élevée, corps moyen-faible.

1.3
fiery1 (1665) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear classic weak yellow colour. Nose of sweet hay. Flavour is pretty tasteless, sweetened beer water with a hint of metallic.

lupulist (354) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
Pours a pale light colour with a white head. Mild aroma of breadiness. Taste is bland, but inoffensive. Watery finish with a hint of glassy bitterness.

mcberko (18929) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 13, 2016
355mL can, pours a clear piss yellow with a medium white head. Aroma brings out notes of hay and a touch of straw. Flavour is pretty tasteless, with straw, light hay and sweet cereal malts. A little skunk. Inoffensive, but pointless. No good, obviously.

0.7
nothingfv (1) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 4, 2016 does not count
Curiosity finally got the best of me. I have been on a kick for a while to find the best value beer. This ain’t it. Not even close. I have a pretty simple beer pallet...I like it or I don’t, but I have never until today poured a beer down the sink even when I don’t like it. I have never been so offended by a beer in my life. Aroma. No real sense of smell. It wasn’t skunky. Appearance. Poured nice golden yellow with a thick soapy head looked promising Taste. Started Bland like most cheep beer but then a flavour I can only describe as what I think turpentine would taste like is left behind when you swallow it.