overall
Style: Fruit Beer
Melle, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 270   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.19/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
An exotic beer with the refreshing taste of coconut. Mongozo Buckwheat White forms the basis for this beer. A beer that is perfect for pairing with exotic dishes.

Exotic beer brewed with coconut and fairtrade rice. Fairtrade certified and sourced from fairtrade producers. Visit: info.fairtrade.net. Brewed with water, barley malt*, rice*, buckwheat*, coconut concentrate, yeast, hops, spices with sugars and sweeteners (Acesulfame K)

*Fairtrade ingredient: 20% of dry weight.

For more information visit: www.mongozo.com.

LoveDarkBeer (9) - West Bromwich, ENGLAND - JUN 23, 2012 does not count
Not one for me. Had it the 1st time to stem my curiousity and 2nd time to show my friend how its served in a Coconut shell. Very sweet, coconut sryup is strong in this one. Not the best this

bytemesis (9517) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - JUN 23, 2012
Bottle. Pours cloudy white/pale yellow with a small white head. Good lacing. Aroma totally dominated by sweet coconut, with cinnamon, some grain, and yeast. Taste is very sweet coconut, cinnamon, and grain. Not really what I would call a beer, but not bad.

1.1
MMR (832) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 28, 2012
Tastes like a real simple construction of tastes and coconut is not a very great mix with beer.

Padilha (91) - BRAZIL - MAY 13, 2012
Complexa cerveja de coco, possuiu uma bela coloração amarela esbranquiçada e um equilibrado aroma de coco com levedo de cerveja. Meio doce e indigesta depois de alguns goles.

Daddybeer (5) - Rotterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAY 10, 2012 does not count
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Daddy, daddy! Please tell me it isn’t true, that it was all a big nightmare and I never drank Mongozo coconut! That I wasn’t disgusted since by anything with coconut flavour. We drank this one at Bier Central in Antwerp. We asked the waiter if he could surprise us with his choice. And were we surprised.... If hell had a taste, it would taste like Mongozo. Or maybe that’s what hell is like, drinking mongozo all day.. And though I have no hard evidence, I am convinced that the waiter was actually Satan in the flesh. I suspect he just wanted to get rid of this stuff.... And fed it to some thirsty looking dutchmen. Pure evil I tell you. So no recommendation here.... If you like Malibu, and actually doesn’t like beer, you might like this one. Then again, why would you go to a place called Bier Central if you don’t like beer.... (you can’t tell me it’s sold in more places out there). But it’s actually a sort of lemonade, a gruesome lemonade. Cola is great, so is ice tea. But even for lemonade this one’s pretty horrific. Surprisingly I did finish the bottle. But that’s just because I’m dutch: if I’ve paid for it, I’m sure as hell going to drink it too! I just thought of a plus! It says on the bottle it’s fairtrade. First of all: FAIRtrade?! What’s so fair about producing crappy beer and then selling it? This beer is everything except a fair trade. But anyway I helped some poor farmers to earn some decent money. If they would only realise what they have done to me.....

sebletitje (10500) - Enghien, BELGIUM - APR 26, 2012
Bottle @ Delirium served in a nice ’tacky’ coconut shell. On garde la même recette que les Floris et on met ça au goût Fairtrade. Bref, dorée, brumeuse, col blanc. Le tout sert son but, on retrouve de la noix de coco avec ce profile typique de quinoa donnant un léger profile de fin de bouche plus sec. Malheureusement le tout comme toute la série des Floris reste affreusement artificiel. Dommage pour une bière qui se veut équitable. On retrouve un léger profile de blanche, le tout restant trop sucrée et un peu industrielle.

kermis (14999) - The Hague / Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - APR 21, 2012
Sampled at Antwerp beer festival. Sweet artificial coconut aroma and flavour. Like drinking sun tan lotion.

BelgBeerGeek (1307) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - MAR 31, 2012
From back log

Head: small, bubbly, white
Colour: whitish yellow
Smell: mostly sweet and artificial coconut ( bounty ) Taste: the same as the smell , not overly bad , but this isn’t a beer ...

Holy (897) - GERMANY - MAR 21, 2012
I’d like to rate this beer as I THINK it was intended. As a coconut drink. For that, it’s ok. As beer, it’s not great...

ganache (6089) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 10, 2012
Ooh, ooh, 100th rating for this brew! And mine’s at 3.6% instead of 3.5. Bottle by 09/13. Not surprised by the coconut, but the quinoa is probably new to me. Nose is loaded with coconut, feels like I’m applying sunscreen at the beach, or near said beach with a large summery piña colada. Cloudy white-yellow body with a white head. Medium, smoothist body. Taste is cloying, coconut dominant but a smidgen of malt creeping out, perhaps wheat? It’s essentially an overdone Radler, though an enjoyable one for the warmer months.