overall
Style: Fruit Beer
Melle, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 263   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Exotic beer brewed with coconut and Fairtrade organic quinua.

Ingredients: water, malts, quinua, coconut juice (15%), yeast, hops, sugar.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
vtisza (8) - BELGIUM - OCT 19, 2007 does not count
Light beer and coconut together. The glass it was served in, looked like a bottom of a real coconut. It was funny.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Grzesiek79 (4094) - Radom, POLAND - FEB 24, 2012
cheese, basement aromas, citrus, herbs, grass, floral, hay, woody, vanilla, banana, clove, pale, cloudy, minimal head, heavy cloying sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, umami, light body, creamy, lively,

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sockamania (43) - - NOV 21, 2013
A very nice fruit beer. Light yellow colour with a subtle but very nice coconut edge.

RichTheVillan (7052) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 24, 2016
Bottle at Beerbohm Lichfield; not sure what colour the pour was because it was served in half a coconut however the head was creamy white a quite frothy, the aroma has massive coconut milk, taste is the same creamy coconut milk, I like coconut so this beer worked for me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jd543 (428) - SCOTLAND - APR 26, 2013
Appearance is cloudy yellow, with a thin white head. Aroma is really coconutty, a tiny hint of yeast. Taste is very sweet, a bit of citrus and pineapple/mango. The whole drink is more like a pina colada than a beer - but it is really tasty and smells great so I have to give it high marks. On the palate it is creamy with a light fizz. This drink has me stumpted - I dont normally like a really sweet alcoholic drink but this tastes more like fruit juice and is delicious and smells great. I want to hate it but its really, really good. The only marks it loses are for not being a real beer. It also gets a bit sickly towards the end...

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Alusmamuts (1601) - LATVIA - APR 25, 2015
Pale yellow with rich white head. Excellent coconut aroma. Sweet coconut taste with some fruity sourness and lager beer background. Good as a desert!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kerolasa (409) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 25, 2011
Possibly best smelling beer Ive ever had. Like great lemonade, and dough. Color is yellowish and hazy. Taste is really girly, and sweet. Truly great, and different beer. And of course I understand the people who complain, this is not a beer, but they are suckers with wrong attitude.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alphadelic (2180) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 13, 2009
My Girlfriend got this served in a coconut at the rake.Weird pia colada style. Can this really be called a beer? I could drink around a thousand of these though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kraddel (6689) - some beerplace, BELGIUM - AUG 20, 2013
no idea what quinua is , but it contains 20 % of that, and 15 coconut ... @ antwerps bierhuyske smell is lactose, coconut low carbo . taste reminds me - as a mindfuck- to shampoo. cause ive onley smelled coconut in shampoo, my mind tells me im drinking soap . this is SO weird ... than again, i must day i do like the smell ( and , appearently taste ) of coconut . but , again, as with all the mongozos, as a beer , this is bad...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tmrobotix (44) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - JAN 9, 2015
I dont get why everyone hates this beer. I really enjoy it Im drinking it from a coconut. The only thing I dont like is the appearance. The taste is sweet cocomutty and slightly sour it only lacks more bitterness. I wish I was on a beach with Sun now.