overall
Formerly brewed at Monteiths Brewing Co. (DB Breweries)
Style: Pale Lager
Greymouth, New Zealand

RATINGS: 22   MEAN: 2.11/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Derived from Charmay barley from a singular Rakaia barley farm and Southern Cross hops from a singular Motueka hops farm.

tombutlin (355) - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - JUN 2, 2016
Drank this years ago when my standards were very low. Even then I only drank it because I won a case it the stuff. Was pretty bland and smelt of an ad agency’s ego rather than a brewer’s craft

skortila (5966) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - MAR 30, 2014
New Zealand holiday 2011-12. Old notes. The aroma has grassy notes, hints of grain. Clear, yellow coloured beer with a thin, white head. The taste is grainy, bit grassy. Bit bland beer.

Grzesiek79 (4378) - Radom, POLAND - NOV 8, 2012
Dobry lager z wytrawną końsówką i aromatycznymi chmielami. Na uwagę zasługuje elegancka butelka z bardzo ciemnego brązowego szkła. Ręcznie lakierowana i zdobiona. Ta elegancja dodaje sporo estetycznego i cołościowego wyglądu

apcandrew (47) - Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA - AUG 3, 2012
Pours pale yellow with foamy white head. Malty aroma. Smooth and crisp flavour. Not overly exciting.

futre7 (247) - Taipei, TAIWAN - JUL 27, 2012
Most negative reviewers have bandied words like bland , or watery or unspectacular around heavily. Yes it’s not a hopped lager , neither has it any overly strong ingredients. But this is also it’s strength. It’s very crisp, very light with no overiding taste features . There is some mild maltiness. It reminds me of Scorpion lager, something I’d drink in the summer many years back. Very solid summer lager.

KeefOz (1889) - Tarragindi, AUSTRALIA - JUL 26, 2012
Poured a pale golden yellow colour with a foamy white head that dissipated fairly quickly. Moderate to high carbonation. Aroma slightly of malt. Taste bland. Light body. Slight metalic finish.

BelgianBeerGal (4135) - Panama City, Florida, USA - JUL 22, 2012
Straight from the Ren Ai &-11. I’m a sucker for marketing; the bottle is probably the best part. Pale gold color with tons of carbonation and a foamy, white head. Aroma and flavor are a typical pale lager; light across the board.

jdpeebs (686) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAY 21, 2012
330ml Bottle. I was looking forward to trying this beer when i first heard about it, but unfortunately it disappointed me . A decent lager but not quite there.

LesArgen (369) - AUSTRALIA - MAY 15, 2012
The way you can tell whether something from NZ is any good is to work out whether Australians have tried to claim it. Phar Lap, Crowded House, even Russell Crowe. We’ve nabbed them all. But I’ve never heard of anyone trying to claim Monteith’s Single Source Lager Beer. So I should have known. This is a perfectly inoffensive lager offering that would do nicely at a very chilly temperature on a very hot day. There’s some malt and a bit of citrus on the nose, and more of the same in the mouth. It’s a truly sudsy beer, so much so that I feared I’d start blowing bubbles if I opened my mouth.

Jado (804) - Camp Hill, AUSTRALIA - APR 26, 2012
330 ml bottle. Pours a standard amber with a small head. Medium carbonation. Not too much going on, either aroma-wise or taste-wise. It?s pretty boring really. That said, it doesn?t have any skunky characters and it?s certainly clean and refreshing. In other words, well made but on the boring side.