Formerly brewed at Moor
Style: Witbier
Bristol, England
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
As for Nutty (apart from the obvious descriptor), we decided on spicing the beer. Beer is often spiced with coriander seeds, which work very well, but we wanted something more. Nutmeg and cinnamon make a great addition to a mixed spice so we decided on those. On brew day I ground coriander seeds and whole nutmegs and added them along with giant cinnamon quills. The result is a mid-strength (4.5%) spiced wheat beer with a good hop backing. As all good wheat beers should be, this one is unfined and naturally cloudy. All the good bits are left in and the bad bits left out, making it vegan friendly. The cloudiness even complements the season, looking a bit foggy and snowy.

Most RecentTicked By

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maeib (8749) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - JAN 19, 2008
Cask conditioned - handpump - Wig And Pen, Northampton. At first glance at the pumpclip, I thought this said "Nutty Mild" so thatís what I asked for. I was warned that the beer was hazt but was meant to be as it was a wheat beer. Oh oh, thought I, but ordered it anyway and then looked more carefully at the clip. What a pillock! Anyway, this is a true Belgian Wit, and a very good one at that. Very hazy yellow blonde with a whitish head, and a little lace. Lovley spicy aroma with fruity oranges. The coriander comes out well in the taste also with some more citricity. A very good tasty authentic wit. Nice one Moor, now brew a nut mild!