overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 1372   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.23/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A smooth clean-tasting lager that offers a good balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness

faulstich (25) - Davis, California, USA - OCT 22, 2002
Watery but no "unusual" flavors common with this type of beer. You can drink a bunch of ’em. Drink them on a hot day when you’re thirsty and you might not notice the lack of flavor.

Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2002
Watery in substance nothing spectacular.

akinm (282) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 20, 2002
i asked for beer and they gave me water! well at least this water had a little bit of alcohol in it because it was difficult to find other redeming values in it. sweet no bitterness unless it has seen the sun and we all know how that is. thanks but no thanks.

grant60 (185) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - OCT 19, 2002
this is watery and sweet with not much bitterness. it has a very standard taste.

mindtheft (28) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 16, 2002
This is not my favorite beer but definitely a nice one to have while at a dirty punk bar or hanging with your friends in the summer! Very light and watery. Goes down easy!

1.3
jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2002
The first time I had this beer was when I was an undergraduate at some party. I carried around a 12 pack under my arm. At the time it seemed good compared to other American macro-brews. Now I would pass it by. Maybe the export is different than domestic. Water is not so watery.

solocup (49) - sandy, Utah, USA - OCT 8, 2002
This is one of the best Canadian beers that I have tried.

anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - OCT 8, 2002
yes moose is cool, but the beer is chode

0.9
SilkTork (5737) - Southampton, United Kingdom, Hampshire, ENGLAND - SEP 30, 2002
There is a gentle apple note... Sod it! They can’t be bothered, neither can I!

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 24, 2002
Tried this beer last summer in St. John overlooking the brewery. Very crisp and clean lager, but Moosehead in the states is nowhere near as fresh