overall
Brewed by Moosehead Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Saint John, Canada

RATINGS: 133   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
A full flavoured light beer with a smooth refreshing taste.

0.8
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 22, 2010
Very light and clear with just a faint brush of straw. You know it’s never a good sign when upon pouring one’s beer it looks a heck of a lot like water. Unlike water though, this fizzy clear stuff has a wee bit of a white head, though I’m not quite sure it bothers with the effort. His nose? What nose. I tried multiple times and the only impression I was left with in the end was of a sense of wetness because, well, it is a liquid after all. My first quaff is unsurprisingly watery and weak with a ghostly presence of sweet bread with watery lemon in the finish. Lace marks the glass much to my amazement. I rub my eyes but the lace remains, though I’m not quite sure why it bothers. Is it meant to be a visible measure of the path of mediocrity each quaff leads me down? Possibly. Carbonated bubbles scatter atop my tongue and I am left with an overwhelming sense of having been duped.

Light shmight; it might as well label itself Moosehead Carbonated Water. I guess at some point hops, malts, yeast, and fermentation was involved, but you could have fooled me.

RichardGretton (4770) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - AUG 9, 2010
Bottle. Bright golden beer with a very light head. The aroma is lightly dry, and the flavour is quite thinly bitter. Overall a plain weakly flavoured beer.

leaparsons (10546) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 31, 2010
Bottle. Pale gold with a thin white foam. Aromas are clean grain with yeast and hints of citrus. Some floral notes. Flavours are dry biscuit and soft lemon with yeast and melon. Quite thin.

0.9
tvor (24) - USA - APR 10, 2010
Glad I didn’t have to pay for this beer. Mild taste with a very bland finish. Felt very watered down. Definitely not going to drink again.

SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - MAR 17, 2010
Pale yellow pour with a fizzy head. Sweet light fruity aroma with a bit of corn and malt. Flavor is sweet and weak. Palate is watery.

JFGrind (2047) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 17, 2010
I got the ’Beers From around the World’ gift box for Christmas, which included total gems like Moosehead Light. If you don’t know me very well, pls. don’t buy me beer as a gift. Moosehead Light was just a bland pale lager watered down for light beer drinkers. I think it sells for at least $20 a case which is overpriced. Get a case of cheap and/or light beer brewed in the good ’ole US of A and your wallet will be happier.

0.8
Gethinbeer (2452) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - FEB 14, 2010
From can. Light golden urine colour. Thin white dissipating lace. None existent aroma. Very close to water. Sweet hint of fruit. Honey palette. Weak excuse for a beer.

jcwattsrugger (12420) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - DEC 12, 2009
12oz bottle-pours a white head and pale straw color. Aroma is sweet grain, some spice hops. Taste is sweet grain, some spice hops. (hallertau?)

fonefan (49305) - VestJylland, DENMARK - OCT 29, 2009
Bottle 341ml. @ home.
Clear light to medium yellow color with a average to large, frothy, good lacing, mostly lasting, white head. Aroma is moderate malty, grain, sweet sour malt. Flavor is moderate sweet with a average duration. Body is light to medium, texture is watery to oily, carbonation is soft. [20090707]

Spab (3844) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 29, 2009
On tap at Rebel House. Pours a clear yellow gold with tiny white cap. Mild, sweet nose of corn and grain. Corn and light grains in the taste. Watery. Finish? What finish. Not offensive, just pretty worthless.