overall
Style: Pale Lager
Barcelona, Spain

RATINGS: 336   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.34/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%

Bludwig (31) - USA - MAY 27, 2010
Aroma: Sulfur was my first whiff followed by a freshly mowed lawn with hints of a bread malt character. My favorite lager glass is not the best for swirling the beer to get more aroma release, it’s better suited to showcase the beauty of the lager. With a bit of time to percolate the sulfur has dissipated into a faint mineral character. Appearance: Beautiful! I just love the sparkle of a lager! The continuous stream of bubbles replenishing the head and well just the fact that there’s head! Frothy, full, rich head! The color is very pale yellow/golden; the color of dry hay and crystal clear. Taste/Palate: Alright, the nose did not tell me how delicate and smooth this beer would be. The malt is upfront with a full and rich feel with mild sweetness and a slight lemon zest. This is immediately followed by the very mild and balancing hop spice. The beer finishes with a refreshing but light acidity and retains the very pleasant malt profile which continues to revel layers of flavor. Overall: A very nice lager of Spanish origin. I’m not super familiar with the ways of the Spanish beer makers, but I feel that this beer is made in the Czech style and does great honor to that style. It’s 85 degrees out right now and this was the perfect refresher.