overall
RATINGS: 65   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Sip away the season with Mother’s Winter Grind. We’ve combined the rich goodness of a stout with our cold-brewed espresso blend, roasted for us by our coffee loving neighbors at the Mudhouse. The result is a wintery treat that’ll give coffee and beer lovers a reason to cheer!

rougeau13 (3158) - Richmond, Texas, USA - MAR 25, 2017
On tap at Samantha’s in Little Rock. Dark brown with a big beige head. Aroma of coffee, roast, and cocoa. Tastes roasty and coffee bitter. Medium bodied and smooth.

AnokaBrewer (208) - Anoka, Minnesota, USA - MAR 1, 2017
12 ounce bottle. Pours black with a small tan head. Full coffee aroma and a nice coffee taste without being overpowering.

CanIHave4Beers (4209) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - MAR 31, 2016
Bottle, shared by me... in the library... just now.
Pours a very dark brown, almost black with a tan head that leaves good lacing on the glass.

The aroma is just lovely, I mean it just smells like coffee & a little bit of malt with a mild fruity hop thing happening... but mostly it juts smells like coffee, roasty, rich, lightly sweet. cooooool.

The flavor is pretty well balanced really, of course it’s lots of coffee but it fits well with the roastiness and the sweetness of the malt. It’s got some light dark chocolate, it’s got a medium level of bitterness, it’s really pretty rich and delicious honestly.

Terminus (3711) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAR 12, 2016
Bottle at hotel bar in Springfield pours almost black with a fizzy tan head and sparse lacing. Nose is misty roasty and slightly sweet. Flavors show the big coffee but has some toffee and nutty quality. Body is somewhat lite but not bad. Probably need t hi fresh on tap sometime.

beer_rookie (642) - Arkansas, USA - JAN 25, 2016
Pours a very dark brown color. I got a ton of khaki head, pretty decent longevity. Pretty nice lacing.

Aroma is outstanding. Espresso, dark and bold. Bitter and black, you know what I’m talking about. That’s it. Nothing more on the nose.

Taste is a let down. I was expecting that same espresso, but I’m getting more of a Folgers left over grind taste.

I’m a huge coffee drinker and hate Folgers, by the way.

But anyhow while disappointing, the taste is slightly creamy and dark roasty. Hops? Maybe... I still like it, only not as much.

Mouthfeel is full flavored, not necessarily full bodied. Maybe medium bodied. It has a grit to it, like coffee grounds in your coffee. It’s like drinking cold coffee.

Overall, it’s pretty good. I’m not sure how to rate these. Yes, it reminds me of coffee, good job. But it’s not really a lot more than that. If that’s the goal, then you did your job. If the goal is to push the mug, then... However, I’m not disappointed in the finished product here. It’s enjoyable. I would drink it again, and would highly recommend.

vyvvy (6639) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 16, 2016
Pours dark brown with a team head. The aroma has peppers, coffee and roast. It has a medium smooth body with light carbonation. The taste has chocolate, nuttiness and coffee. The finish has a bit of coffee grounds. Good.

p0rkch0p (129) - Missouri, USA - JAN 9, 2016
Pour is black, little froth on top. Taste is dark, rich, gritty and coffee. Tastes blend nicely. Could drink this all hours of the day.

thegreenrooster (4518) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 21, 2015
Pour is a black with a small tan head. Aroma is a wonderful roasted coffee. This is almost more of a espresso roast. Flavor is a great bitter roasted coffee with a prefect roasted mouth feel. The aftertaste is full of nutty goodness. Not only is this a great coffee stout with a rich coffee flavor the roasted nut aftertaste is equally stellar. Plenty flavorful and full of coffe and roasted malt.

Pitdogg (2) - Charlotte, Tennessee, USA - MAY 12, 2015 does not count
Looks like black coffee. Sweet malts with bitter espresso taste. My favorite coffee stout so far. The best of both world’s!!