overall
RATINGS: 101   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
This is a fine Canadian-style lager with a full-bodied and strong head. It is made in small batches using pure 2-row barley, premium hops from the Pacific NW, deep well water and our proprietary yeast. It is placed in cold storage (lagered) for a minimum of 30 days resulting in a clean, crisp, smooth tasting beer.

MashLove1 (1) - - AUG 26, 2017 does not count
10 dollars a case! Tastes much better than that shit PBR or Red Stripe.

Luneylane (233) - Taipei City, TAIWAN - JUN 24, 2017
My mission to drink all the lesser-known mass market light ales down at Simplemart continues. Bubblegum, with a slightly sour, cidery flavour.

futre7 (255) - Taipei, TAIWAN - JUN 17, 2017
Bought from Simple Mart in Taipei City near 101. Does the job at 5.5. Nose is sweet corn. Frothy head that dissipates quick. Lager coloured. The taste is reminiscent of Miller High life but sweeter and more artificial. Bubble gum and sweet corn being the abiding features. I am not against Canadian/American, adjunct macro beers at all. I see them as barbecue beers. This is a fine example of a beer that can be drunk on a hot day ice cold. Not as good as Miller, but still drinkable.

1.3
uvajed (188) - Ravenna, Ohio, USA - MAY 9, 2017
Watery thin and kind of sweet, and the first word that came to mind upon tasting it was "adjunct." Sweet but not horribly so, with virtually no lingering aftertaste. Unnatural-looking yellow color - not golden, just yellow. I imagine that people who don’t care for beer wouldn’t mind drinking this. At least it isn’t over-carbonated like so many other cheapass beers. Only redeeming quality is the price - I paid $11.32+tax for 24 across the state line in Hermitage, PA, which is literally less than anything here in Ohio, even though there were several cheaper brands where I found this. To be fair, I only tried it because it was so cheap, as I get curious when I see bargain brands that we don’t get locally. Expectations for this were low, and it met them - it’s beer, it’s drinkable, and it is cheap. My hope is always that I’ll find a unicorn beer that is both awesome and dirt cheap. Mountain Crest is no such beast and is pretty crumby, but surely the case will get finished.

0.9
Liquorgood (4) - Alberta, CANADA - MAR 8, 2017 does not count
Weird pale yellow. Malty aroma. Taste is of corny malt with a metallic hint. It is cheap, but I have a job, so I will buy something else in the future.

wlajwl (7063) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - DEC 13, 2015
Aroma is mild bubblegum and fruit. The flavor is bubblegum, fruit, grains/malts/adjuncts and a tart/slightly sour finish.

1.3
Atom (2572) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 5, 2015
Straight from the can on draft day!! Damn that is sweet, like cheap hard caramel candy, corn and malt. Gross!! Go Crotchville Kevlar Condoms!!

0.9
ljcs1973 (1) - Erie, USA - OCT 18, 2014 does not count
Smell was better then what I expected. Taste was deceiving though. Way to sweet, almost taste like maple syrup.

thegreenrooster (4552) - St.louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 26, 2014
Pour is a clear yellow with a small white head. Aroma is sweet adjunct malt and not much else. Flavor is again a way sweet malt and just water after that. Is was $2.25 a 4 pack of tall boys and it was not worth even that.

jrodooo5 (1715) - DOVER, Delaware, USA - JUN 8, 2014
Ok pour - clear good but has a white head that leaves decent lacing. The aroma is all but nonexistent w/ a touch of some weird sweet malt. The taste is somewhat oddly sweet as well w/out any other flavor. It’s ok on the palate tho - mediocre body & has a beer feel. Nevertheless, not good by any means!