Moxies Big Life Euro Lager

overall
Formerly brewed at Big Rock Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Calgary, Canada

RATINGS: 23   MEAN: 2.57/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
An in-house beer brewed exclusively for Moxies restaurants.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
presario (4903) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 22, 2007
Made by Big Rock eh? Maybe thats why I thought the lemon on my buddies ice tea would look better on my glass of Grasshopper.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pintbypint (3352) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - FEB 10, 2007
On tap at Moxies, Kingsway Mall, Edmonton. Served in a straight sided etched "Big Life" glass with a fill line. Gold colour, impressive head - white, creamy a good inch of foam in the glass. Left a lot of lacing. Slow rising carbonation bubbles. Some grainy notes to the aroma. Flavour was sweeter than I expected. Malty, a little fruity. Aftertaste had a bit of grain. Nlot too bad, and as Duffman stated, not served ice cold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
DuffMan (9645) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 3, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 5, 2006 Nana & Grampa are home with the kids, and my wife and I are out for dinner and a movie. Hadnt been to Moxies in about 10 years (as we both recall, we thought it was less then average). Pleasant surprise on 2 levels: the food was great, and they have 2 "special brews" that are exclusive to the restaurant chain, brewed by Big Rock here in Calgary. This was golden yellow, with a lacy head. Faintly fruity aroma, decent pale malts with a creamy mouthfeel. Best of all-- not served at -10 degrees, so you can actually appreciate that this was half-decent.