overall
RATINGS: 873   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Our Moylander Double IPA is fat and resiny, with aggressive and excessive hops swinging on an enormous malt backbone like naughty monkeys on a vine. Double malt, double hops - do the math, it's academic.

shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - DEC 6, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 20, 2005 Another great IPA from Moylans but dam smooth. Not a giantic hop character but massively drinkable.

dwyerpg (6413) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 20, 2008
Wow!! MMM, MMM, MMM. This is pretty much a perfect double IPA. Great aroma, bite, finish, just a wonderful drinking beer. I love it.

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - FEB 21, 2004
My conversation with this beer: BM: (pours and looks at pint glass) Hmmm...Your color is moderately clouded in a copper-orangey russeted deep glow, speckled with light flecks of hops and/or yeasties suspended within your murk. beer: You make that sound bad, but don't forget my small but thickly dense dark ivory head that, sure, fades somewhat quickly to a solid skim, but that skim is always present and I have mega amounts of thinly placed sticking sheets of intricate lace all over your glass that eventually breaks into webbing patterns. BM: Yes thats quite striking to me. Pause - BM: (Whifff) Ahhh...Hello hops, I love thee! beer: You do?! BM: Yes I do, Oh so much...again, Hello...hops, boy you seem awfully resiny and highly floral, fresh and green with a great sweet tone and woodish leafy notes don't you. beer: Yep, and don't forget my lovely backing of soft caramel malt. BM: Oh I won't, seems like you've got everything in check. I could smell you all day. beer: Please, you're embarassing me. Pause - Laugh insinuated BM: (Slurp, gulp) Ahhh...Hello hops again, my oh my you are one fine and dandy hopped up beer. Your flavors aren't overly aggressive but layered in a nice complexity with wonderfully rendered resinous and floral tones that tend to bring out some very nice higher end sweet tones and woody fresh leafyness. The dryness is amazingly in control along with the bittering kept mild to my buds yet with enough grab to forward any attention that might otherwise be absent. How do you do that? beer: Well, the soft caramel malts are in an abundant quanity as to balance out any real strong or abrasiveness the hops may bring. BM: Ahhh...that's why you taste so good. Great balance with flavors on both scales weighing heavy, nice job my bottled friend. beer: Why thank you. BM: And your body seems favorable with a mediumness and some great effects of dryness with your hops. And that lingering resiny woody thing is mind boggling. I'm impressed. beer: C'mon now...stop it, I'm blushing already... Pause - laugh insinuated. BM: I must say I could drink you all night, good thing you're in a bomber otherwise I might have thirsted for more long into the night. beer: Yes, bombers can be a nice treat. I too I'm glad. For the both of us. BM: Alas, I have poured all your hoppy yummyness into my glass, I will finish off my glass and smile with glee as the hops will surely be dancing in my head for the rest of my forseen future til next we meet. beer: (Left speechless) End scene with a smile and a beer...