overall
RATINGS: 52   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Hand crafted beer light in color entering smooth with a clean and flavorful body finishing with a lightly fruity taste.

Brigadier (3690) - Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2008
Growler

I found this at the Party Source outside Cincinnati for $11.99. It’s not a bad price though I wish it were available in bottled form so I could have tried the other three releases as well. I may go back at some point for one of the others whenever I am in the region again.

Aroma / Appearance - A one finger bleach white head danced on the surface of a golden transparent body. Wheat and honey crisp form a basic but enjoyable presence.

Flavor / Palate - Honey whole bread has been liquefied and converted to an alcoholic form. Fading fast it does provide a short bit of flavor before dissipating. This is the definition of a lawn mower beer - light on the palate but with enough complexity to make it worth having a few.

AllAboutStout (605) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 4, 2008
On draft at the comet.
Pours a clear amber in color, with a nice head sitting atop. Biscuity and malty in the nose. Taste is a little more crisp and fruity. A smooth drinker that goes down pretty easy.

captianoats (30) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - SEP 24, 2007
This was poured from a growler. It started out with a cloudy amber/brown color and a thin white foam head. Comes on with a light sweetness and finishes with a smooth, dry, slightly bitter finish. For an upstart, this is a great brew and I can’t wait to try the rest.

thedm (6186) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - NOV 8, 2006
This bottled brew from a bottle shop poured a small sized head of foamy finely sized tan colored bubbles that was long lasting and left behind a semi-hazy light yellow brown colored body and a good lacing. The aroma was malty bready cinnamon and dough. The mouth feel was weakly tingly at the start mediumly tingly at the finish. The flavor contained notes of slightly acidic malt mild hops and semi-sweet.

hotstuff (5160) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 3, 2006
Draft at Dilly Deli in Mariemont. A big thanks goes out to their staff for all the assistance they gave thedm and I during our first visit there. Friendly and helpful staff. Small white head with sparse lacing, no visible carbonation, and a honey blonde hue. Nose was malty, sweet, hoppy and citrus. Flavor was sweet, some maltiness, somewhat vinuous, and finishes a little bitter. Slightly tingly and dry mouthfeel. Medium body.

bdjames29 (273) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 20, 2006
Draft at Dilly Deli in Mariemont. Interesting. Needs further review. Very nice appearance. Deep, deep golden color with a white head. Intense earthy, grassy, herb aroma and flavor. Challenging - I’m not sure if I’ve had anything like this before.

bethmatt0421 (337) - Covington, Kentucky, USA - APR 16, 2006
I’m glad to have the opportunity to get a growler of this brew. Made right in my hometown of Cincy, OH. Even if it wasn’t made in Cincy, I would still give this a high rating. A citrus zest, with more floral-like hops than I was expecting from a blonde ale, smooth malts make a great finish, and not overpowering bitterness. Great tasting, but light enough for summer heat, all in one. Great job for the boys at Mt. Carmel Brewing. I can’t wait to try the others.

zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2010 A lovely all-natural, handcrafted ale from just 30-minutes south of me. Pours with heavy head from the classic growler. Beautiful light amber color looks just lovely in a pint glass. Strikes a great balance of malt and hops, with a mildly sweet malty flavor that finishes with a crisp hoppy finish (but never overdoing it). Tastes great from the growler, but is even better on tap! I’m giving this beer a slight reviewer’s tilt because it’s a great ale that should make SW/Western Ohio beer fans proud! It will probably replace Anchor and Sierra Nevada as my typical "daily drinkers". You can get the growlers of all three of Mt. Carmel’s beers at Cuvee wine bar, in the South Dayton/Bellbrook area. They also serve this one on tap occasionally. Props to Cuvee to the introduction to this one. See http://cuveewinebar.net/ for directions. *Edit* 1/4/10 - Not sure what’s up with recent batches but word on the street is that the brewers have done away with the growlers in favor of six packs. Something about the six-picks is overcarbonated and tastes less balanced than the old growlers. Very grassy with a clove finish. Maybe it’s just me, but I either got part of a bad batch (from two vendors) or there is something that is just different about the way that this beer tastes in a six-pack. Goodbye growlers. I will miss you.

Capa (3303) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - JAN 16, 2006
Had this on tap at Mac’s in Clifton, more of a golden than blonde color. Has an enjoyable bite, not too much but its there. Sorta sweet, but not overly so. Crisp and goes down fairly easy, a very enjoyable beer.

HarkJohnny (4) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2005 does not count
I enjoyed this beer in it’s first week of existance at Nicholson’s, downtown Cincinnati. Since they blew the first keg of it in ONE day, this was from the second keg. It’s been about two months since I’ve had it now but I’m very excited for this brewer(y) and their beers. Unfortunately I can’t describe in much detail but I remember it being very clean tasting, no off flavors. Hoppy aroma and taste, but not overpowering. Smooth and yummy! Definately recommended!