overall
RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Hand crafted beer light in color entering smooth with a clean and flavorful body finishing with a lightly fruity taste.

BucknerBeer (1) - West Chester, Ohio, Ohio, USA - JAN 19, 2009 does not count
All the Mt Carmel Brewery beers are now available in 12 oz bottles. I plan to try them all. The Blonde is a very smooth tasting beer with no after taste. Very enjoyable.

zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - FEB 5, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2010 A lovely all-natural, handcrafted ale from just 30-minutes south of me. Pours with heavy head from the classic growler. Beautiful light amber color looks just lovely in a pint glass. Strikes a great balance of malt and hops, with a mildly sweet malty flavor that finishes with a crisp hoppy finish (but never overdoing it). Tastes great from the growler, but is even better on tap! I’m giving this beer a slight reviewer’s tilt because it’s a great ale that should make SW/Western Ohio beer fans proud! It will probably replace Anchor and Sierra Nevada as my typical "daily drinkers". You can get the growlers of all three of Mt. Carmel’s beers at Cuvee wine bar, in the South Dayton/Bellbrook area. They also serve this one on tap occasionally. Props to Cuvee to the introduction to this one. See http://cuveewinebar.net/ for directions. *Edit* 1/4/10 - Not sure what’s up with recent batches but word on the street is that the brewers have done away with the growlers in favor of six packs. Something about the six-picks is overcarbonated and tastes less balanced than the old growlers. Very grassy with a clove finish. Maybe it’s just me, but I either got part of a bad batch (from two vendors) or there is something that is just different about the way that this beer tastes in a six-pack. Goodbye growlers. I will miss you.

captianoats (30) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - SEP 24, 2007
This was poured from a growler. It started out with a cloudy amber/brown color and a thin white foam head. Comes on with a light sweetness and finishes with a smooth, dry, slightly bitter finish. For an upstart, this is a great brew and I can’t wait to try the rest.

HarkJohnny (4) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2005 does not count
I enjoyed this beer in it’s first week of existance at Nicholson’s, downtown Cincinnati. Since they blew the first keg of it in ONE day, this was from the second keg. It’s been about two months since I’ve had it now but I’m very excited for this brewer(y) and their beers. Unfortunately I can’t describe in much detail but I remember it being very clean tasting, no off flavors. Hoppy aroma and taste, but not overpowering. Smooth and yummy! Definately recommended!

bethmatt0421 (337) - Covington, Kentucky, USA - APR 16, 2006
I’m glad to have the opportunity to get a growler of this brew. Made right in my hometown of Cincy, OH. Even if it wasn’t made in Cincy, I would still give this a high rating. A citrus zest, with more floral-like hops than I was expecting from a blonde ale, smooth malts make a great finish, and not overpowering bitterness. Great tasting, but light enough for summer heat, all in one. Great job for the boys at Mt. Carmel Brewing. I can’t wait to try the others.

ganache (6050) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 6, 2011
Bottle. Very light nose, a little floral, if I may say, with nice golden malt. Hazy (from chill?) golden body with a large rocky white head. Lightly airy yeast has mild fruity notes and even a Belgian tint, a hint of mineral but more like meringue. Medium-full, creamy smooth body with some wheat texture. Refreshing, creamy like a Wit, and surprisingly good!

GnarlyGnome (1353) - Fairfield, Ohio, USA - AUG 29, 2014
UPDATED: MAY 13, 2015 Draft: pours golden with a bright fluffy white head. Aromas are grainy... Grassy, bready malts with a floral hop note over it all. Taste is clean and refreshing... Tasty.

Capa (3433) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - JAN 16, 2006
Had this on tap at Mac’s in Clifton, more of a golden than blonde color. Has an enjoyable bite, not too much but its there. Sorta sweet, but not overly so. Crisp and goes down fairly easy, a very enjoyable beer.

DavoleBomb (1867) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Poured into a pint glass. 3.0 A: Moderately hazed golden yellow color. Aggressive pour yielded only one finger of frothy head. Retention was subpar and no lacing was left. 4.0 S: Sweet neutral maltiness with bubblegum and peachy fruitiness notes. Lemongrass. Dank, earthy hops. I’ve never smelled anything quite like this. At first whiff I was somewhat appalled with what I found, but it quickly grew on me. Truly unique. 4.0 T: The bubblegum and lemon grass follow into the taste and gain some strength. Very light bitterness with earthy hop flavor. Light fruits, though not as peachy as the nose suggests. Light graininess and light neutral malt sweetness, which is in good balance with the hops. 4.0 M: Medium body. Good moderate carbonation. Creamy for what it is and super smooth. 4.0 D: Color me impressed. This was a solid and quite interesting brew. I recommend this for anyone who likes easy drinking brews with seemingly strange flavor profiles. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 10-07-2011 22:26:13

nuplastikk (6452) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 10, 2012
12oz bottle scooped up in Columbus. Unfiltered orange-tan. Thin, creamy white head. A pretty decent Blonde Ale, with some fresh zest that works well with the creamy, medium body. Fruity ale notes, this isn’t as pedestrian as the name would suggest. Pretty solid offering, rich and malty, but balanced and refreshing too.