RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A beer that is truly from a different galaxy, this traditional ESB is brewed with vanilla beans and rooibos tea. With a strong vanilla aroma and smooth tea-like finish, this ale is sure to give you an experience that is out of this world!

Most RecentTicked By

SamGamgee (2452) - down the whirlpool, California, USA - AUG 6, 2010
Like a flying saucer from outer space. Honestly, this was a weird beer. It was first desribed to me as an "extra bitter Belgian". Yay, so it’s going to taste like De Ranke. Haha, wrong. It’s actually a spiced esb, probably fermented with Belgian yeast, though I can’t be sure of that. Poured from the tap at the brewery. Amber in color with a medium-sized white head. Strong vanilla cake frosting aroma. Tons of vanilla. And a light floral sweetness. Some caramel malt touches and a medium body. Er, so it’s like a malty esb with a ton of vanilla, but still with a relatively crisp, dry finish. Pretty solid drinkability. Weird, but vanilla can definitely work in a beer that isn’t too sweet. The only beer that I ordered a pint of after the sampler. I’m not sure if it was because it was really the best, or if it was just so out there that that I needed more to get my head around. Either way, it was easy to finish my pint.