RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.72/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   EST. CALORIES: 405   ABV: 13.5%

Most RecentTicked By

hopscotch (11104) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 3, 2009
Bottle (chilled)… Mostly clear with a slight yellow tint and inconsistent legwork. The aroma is of grain alcohol and light fruitiness (pear, I suppose). Medium to full-bodied with a whimper of carbonation. The flavor is grainy, mildly fruity and a bit sweet. Moderately sweet finish. I admittedly struggle when rating sakes, but I know what I like and I did enjoy this bottle… the entire (750 ml) thing. Gotta go against the grain here - pardon the pun.

Beerlando (3342) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 3, 2007
Drank this cold. Clear with a very slight rainbow sheen. Looks like water with a slight soap film. Aroma is rice, alcohol, and pear. The mix just doesn’t seem to work that well. You can taste rice, and you can taste pear, but they just don’t come together nicely. Alcohol is present from start to finish. Average at best for an infused sake.

nick76 (4399) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAY 29, 2007
The aroma definitely has both pears and rice but they don’t really seem to compliment each other very well. The alcohol is there adding nothing worthwhile to the mix. The appearance is clear with the slightest yellow-green hue. The flavor is like the aroma and reminds me of a poor quality fruit cake. The palate is oily. Overall a drinkable sake but not a great sake.

Palidor19 (3188) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAY 29, 2007
The pear and the rice dont seem to work as well as other infused sake that I had, but this sake still has decent quality to drink for the average consumer. The palate is medium bodied. the pear is the second flavor while the rice still is primary.