overall
Style: Irish Ale
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 1117   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Pasteurised. Available bottled, and in nitro keg and can versions.
Ingredients: Malted barley, chocolate malt, water, hops and yeast.
First brewed in Lady’s Well Brewery, Cork in 1856. Heineken purchased the brewery in 1983. Beer now produced in Heineken Nederland.
Also known as Irish Amber and Draught Irish Ale.
<a href=http://www.murphys.com/about/products/detail.asp?ID=104>Website

wienerherb99 (21) - Wien, AUSTRIA - AUG 28, 2002
Nowhere to get except a small Vienna pub...probably my favorite Irish ale. Dark amber, nice and smooth, caramel taste, full body, creamy and mellow.

LAboozehound (47) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - MAY 28, 2006
One of the best red beers I’ve ever had. Gorgeous color, creamy, and just sweet enough. Not overly filling, making it an easy beer to drink too many of. I wish we could still get it here in Louisiana. They ship us the stout, but not this.

ryan03zr5 (1) - Lehigh Acres, Florida, USA - MAR 24, 2004 does not count
This beer looks great from the moment you pour it in your pint and the experance just gets better from there I always want another

CiroFerrara (85) - USA - DEC 12, 2005
Just another great beer from Ireland together with its mate, Stout. The taste is impressive.

Rabeerca (1) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 5, 2006 does not count
Coffee and Chocolate Accents . Smokey flavor. Tart but not too bitter. Beautiful foamy head. Very dark beer. Not as dark as guiness(or bitter) and the head is better. This beer would also be cool to make into a mousse or pudding.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
Most ales have similar ingrediants, but this one had a very different flavor that I don’t find in other ales.

ogivlado (7839) - Zagreb, CROATIA - DEC 21, 2002
Bottled(330ml). -One of the best red beers.

ZeppelinNL (32) - NETHERLANDS - APR 13, 2015
Yet another example of why Irish beer is so amazing. This one is very high in my all-time top list of beers.

hauntedwolf99 (4) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - NOV 3, 2002 does not count
My personal choice for an Irish beer. Similar to Killians, but better yet, since it is ofcourse actually made in the Emerald Isle. I had it at Greek bar though, which was okay, but I would prefer drinking it at an Irish Pub to enhance the atmosphere.