overall
Brewed by Heineken Ireland
Style: Dry Stout
Cork, Ireland

RATINGS: 1942   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%
Pasteurised in cans and kegs, with nitrogen. As of late 2012, the 4.3% bottled version had been discontinued.
Has also been brewed in the UK under contract at InBev Magor and latterly at Heineken’s John Smith’s site in Tadcaster plant and at Monteiths in New Zealand.
Ingredients: Pale and chocolate malts; roasted barley; Target hops.

psychoanalyst (16) - USA - DEC 10, 2003
Dense foamy head thats lasted a long time. Smooth coffee taste that I enjoyed throughout the pint.

Jeppe (2631) - Brooklyn, Alabama, USA - DEC 7, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 7, 2004 Very similar to Guinness Stout, just a little darker and powerful to the taste.

Syd (921) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 4, 2003
Draught can pours dark, almost black, with a nice creamy tan head. The aroma is mild and roasty. The flavor is mild with hints of chocolate and coffee. The palate is nice and draught like - not carbonated and somewhat rich. Overall, this is a better effort than the Guinness Draught can.

bu11zeye (13029) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2003
(Draught) Pours a black color with a large foamy head. Nice smooth tasting stout with touches of chocolate, coffee, and roasted nuts.

mushi (18) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - DEC 1, 2003
Draft. I liked this, it was creamy and smooth, as advertised. Personally, however, I prefer a bit more bite to the beer, could have used some hops I guess. Definitely better than Guiness in my opinion though.

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - NOV 29, 2003
WIDGET CAN. Dark black color. Large foamy white head. Aroma is chocolate and fruity. A light to medium bodied stout. Malts are chocolate and roasty. There is a slight metallic taste and it is a little thin and watery tasting. I wonder if the off taste is due to the widget? Touches of coffee and vanilla. This particular can is not very appealing. Will need to re-taste some time. The off taste just drowns out the stoutness of this beer. Mouthfeel is very thin. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is slightly bitter

egajdzis (6501) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 28, 2003
Poured jet black with a cascading head and beautiful lacing. It had a slightly roasted creamy aroma. Creamy slightly roasted, slightly buttery taste with a rather weak mouthfeel. Overall, I thought this had more of a taste than Guinness, and will choose this when I see it in a bar.

BeerandBlues2 (13210) - Escondido, California, USA - NOV 27, 2003
Quite a few aromas going on here: roasted, slight molasses, dark chocolate, and strong coffee. Creamy tan head that lasts all the way through . Deep black in color. Moderately bitter with an average finish. Creamy and flat on the palate.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 25, 2003
UPDATED: APR 15, 2004 Really thick creamy head. Thick as shit. I don't like Guiness and I don't like this shit as much as I thought I would. I don't think this would quench any thirst the way an ice cold PBR could. The little ball in the can is the shit.

DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - NOV 22, 2003
A pretty good stout. Tastes a lot like Guiness, but somewhat creamier and smoother. I enjoyed the four that I got thoroughly.