overall
Brewed by Murray's Craft Brewing Co.
Style: Imperial IPA
Bob’s Farm, NSW, Australia

RATINGS: 109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
A recently created style in the USA, Icon 2IPA is made in the American/Imperial Indian Pale Ale Style. Icon 2IPA is an extreme beer - extensive hopping creates intense citrus/passionfruit/peppery characters in the flavour and aroma balanced by sweet biscuity malt, which finishes with full bodied, rich and with a rounded bitterness. At 7.5% alcohol, Icon 2IPA is a beer to be savoured.

Yota (1) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 23, 2007 does not count
The aroma hits you like a freight train when first poured, you might be thinking "is this too much for me?" well suck it up cause this is by far the best IPA, DIPA in Australia. The beer is balanced, the hops aroma and flavour are out of this world. Fruity, bitter, malty. It does not come better than this! The only issue I have is that it only is available in bombers or on tap at select locations. A six pack would be better, I really, really don’t want to share this with anyone and by the end of it I am feeling decidedly merry! Try some today.

Geoffrey1952 (2) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 9, 2013 does not count
The best beer in the world, bar none!!! I’ve been drinking beer all my life and never have I had a better beer. Torpedo comes close, but not better. Well done Shawn. Disappointed with flat beer in the stubbies, but consistently great on tap. Earthy, Malty, Spicey. Warms the cockles of the heart. Yum.

Sully (1380) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - OCT 10, 2007
I think the rootin roos are on the label as it is a play on words. You know, a pun like. The 2 denotes number of macropods, and the IPA is Indigenous Pouncy Animals. The make love bit? Yeah makes a lot of sense since no bloody kangaroo has ever been useful in any of the wars we have fought. Where were they when Darwin was being bombed and what the hell did they do at Da Nang? Oh wait, I geddit, they are an Aussie Icon! And so should this beer be. While the whole DIPA thing seems to be distinctly American (just like diapers v nappies, but that is another story), this one from Murray’s brewery is a treat. I couldn’t wait to try this to such an extent that I cracked my first one of these from cellar temperature rather than the fridge. The result was no disappointment at all. The appearance in the glass, a Duvel snifter is a rich coppery colour with a fine creamy head, even at room temperature. The nose is a melange of citrus and toffee with the promise of a malty back palate in the tasting. Such it shall be. Beautifully balanced with the definite smack of floral and spicy hops combined with a caramello maltiness this one is a treat. Like the Scottish lad, my wife had a taste but then immediately declared me a loony for liking something so bitter. Meh, what does she know? She likes Pimms and lemonade. Anyway, Muzzah you have nailed this one old son. At $17 bucks a pop there are going to be many out there who will be amused with the label but shocked at the asking price. So what, that leaves more for those of us who love this. After all we can’t blame the brewer when our crappy federal excise laws discriminate against beer in favour of the fermented grape. I do sincerely hope this does get some more exposure and Murray can then perhaps expand production and as a result use economies of scale blah blah. I aim to drop a fifty on the weekend to get the equivalent of what is an impressive six pack. Now if I was going to say something corny in the end, which has nothing to do with the flavour constituents of the beer of course, I would suggest that you all say wallaby damned, I think I will hop to it and pouch a couple of these bewdies quicker than we can all say tsk tsk tsk to Joey for his Eccy thumping. But I won’t.

Hirotoma (473) - Bologna, ITALY - MAR 17, 2012
Buona buonissima, il colore e’ decisamente piu’ scuro rispetto a quello della foto! Sembra una reale extra o forse il contrario, chi puo’ dirlo! Cmq ottima 2ipa!!!

jdpeebs (698) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - APR 1, 2010
Not for the faint of heart . A big hit of that citrus hop aroma, orange amber in colour and hazy. Strong bitter hop taste and aftertaste that lingers for some time with a touch of the 7.5% alcohol hit. This is not a session beer, but a beer to be savoured. If you like bitter beers with tons of flavour, the you must give this beer a try. Not easy to get, it’s a seasonal beer, but worth the effort.

davidm (2081) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - OCT 2, 2010
Tap (extracted from bottle, Biero Melbourne). Great beer. Aromas of biscuit, caramel, and grass. Taste is sweet, with a long-lasting bitter finish. Palate is velvety, with a medium body. Amber, with a frothy white head.

Scotchy (32) - AUSTRALIA - MAR 5, 2016
A wonderful aroma of American hops comes through this thick head. Must have a very complex bill of hops because you cannot identify individual hops rather a range from citrus, to cracked pepper spiciness. No overt grapefruit or fruity esters and a good malt balance. Love it.