overall

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 3.64/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
An imperial cream stout aged on Kahlua-soaked oak. Age makes it better and better and better!

BrewDad's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrewDad (5667) - Olympia, Washington, USA - FEB 14, 2012
Dark brown in color, clear with a thin head. Big chocolate and dark roasty malt aroma. The hops come through in the aroma and flavor. This is a big dark roasty Impy stout. Awesome flavors this also gives off a slight cream base from the Kahula. Super taste and finish.

jfriedrich (1) - USA - NOV 25, 2017 does not count
Big vanilla notes, some cocoa. Slight sweetness. Wanted a little more body.

Oakes (19013) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - FEB 3, 2017
Dark brown, sweet but uneventful...the nose goes nowhere. Touch of coconut, hint of alcohol and roast, has a touch of sweet sugary goodness but never rounds into that full richness the best examples have.

djd07 (15661) - Houston, Texas, USA - NOV 30, 2016
On tap at the brewery. Pours black with small beige head that diminishes quickly. The aroma is roast, cocoa, wood, vanilla. Medium body, strong wood, vanilla, cocoa, bitter roast finish, very good.

beastiefan2k (4119) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - MAY 21, 2016
Bomber from brewery. Very dark brown, not black. Long lasting head. Not sure what makes this a white chocolate. Not really imperial stout, more like a strong brown. Some lactose with see sugar but not sweet malts. It’s very drinkable but not particularly interesting.

Ferris (16701) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 7, 2015
Draft - Sweet dark sugars and burnt notes. Jet black with a decent light brown head. Burnt notes, dark sugars and a long bitter finish. I didn’t really get the creamy notes.

mcberko (19175) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 6, 2015
On tap at WA Winter Beer Festival 2015, pours black with a small tan head. Aroma brings out some khalua, vanilla, and cocoa. Flavour is robust, with loads of roasted malt, followed by kahlua, vanilla and alcohol. Quite messy. It’s okay, but nothing complex or pleasing. Meh.

lightbias (455) - USA - NOV 29, 2015
This is a beer I’ve never heard of, from a brewery I’ve never heard of, and although I’m not a huge fan of the White Russian, I was gifted this bottle by someone who remembered that I’d loved the name of the brewery, months after I’d made the comment. Thanks, @kayakpatrick!
- I peel the cap from the bottle, and lean in for the aroma. Hm. Not much there. Weak coffee, no sugar, lots of cream; a little bit of over ripe plum. I’m a bit disappointed as this has already been warming for a few minutes, but I keep the faith and tip the glass to the neck and pour. The beer is a deep nut-brown, the latte-hued foam rises with the cascading liquid, porous and fickle. The head diminishes in just a few minutes, leaving a ring at the glass and a few scattered islands of spongy foam spiraling the surface. I lift the snifter and sip at the rim. I was anticipate very sweet, but what I taste is so much nicer than my expectations. The coffee is predominant, the creaminess in the body very nice; I expected something akin to a White Russian, and I get none of it. No Kahlua, no sweetness, nothing out of the ordinary, just a nice, basic imperial stout, albeit a nice one!
- As the beer warms in the glass, the aroma takes a larger space in the snifter. I pull again at the beer, and follow with a deep, long swallow. The Kahlua-soaked oak is not as soaked as I think they meant it to be, but the aroma and flavor of the wood is perfect for the body of the brew. The body is a bit too light for the flavor or the moderately bitter taste, but the stuff is entirely drinkable and I’m led to believe that this is nowhere near a 9% ABV.
-The finish is somewhat bitter, a bite on my throat, but the smooth creaminess is a counter to that rough edge. All in all, I’d say this is a really nice rep for this brewery. Damn nice beer, enjoyable as hell, and I hope to hear from them again.

WABeerFiend (426) - - NOV 6, 2015
Poured from a bomber on 11.05.15. A: Milk chocolate, cocoa, and coffee. A: 1/2 finger off-white head that recedes to a ring and a milky spot of foam. Midnight black body with some red in the glass. T: Roasty malt and oak dominate. Milk chocolate and cream are subtle. P: Creamy smooth and light like a porter in the mouth. O: There’s quite a bit of burn for 9% ABV. The flavors are muted and the Kahlua doesn’t seem to be there.

trujahwarrior (515) - Monroe, Washington, USA - MAY 8, 2014
On tap, pours a jet black color with a brown hue with a small tan head that leaves light lacing. Smells of, coffee, caramel, vanilla, and chocolate and maybe slight lactose sugar. Tastes at the same things with the slight flavor of the Kalua soaked oak the used in the back end. Mouthfeel is thick and silky, also creamy with good carbonation. Pretty impressed with all that’s going on flavor wise. I’d have to say this is my favorite from Naked City that I’ve had to date.

maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - MAY 1, 2014
Draught. Pours a near black color with a moderate light brown head on there. Nose is roasty with some coffee coming off of it. Taste is very roasty and slightly bitter, with coffee showing up here, too. Really good beer. Me gusta mucho.