overall
n/a
RATINGS: 801   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.

Characterized by its robust body, delicate sweetness and smooth, rich taste.

The introduction of Natural Ice provided the company with two brands in the value priced ice beer category (Busch Ice was also introduced in 1995).

Bulk_Carrier (6064) - Vermont, USA - JUN 13, 2014
Wait a minute, I’ve had this more than enough times in my life and I just found my notes on this. Though mostly an after hockey game beer, I grabbed a couple to take home to investigate its characteristics. Here are my findings (yes, this is from several years ago, but honestly, I don’t think that matters). I have always poured this into a pint glass. The appearance was a decent looking clear yellow color with a fair amount of carbonation rising at a rapid pace. The white less than one fingered white foamy head dissipated within less than twenty seconds. There wasn’t any lacing. The smell was cooked corn. I couldn’t get anything else. The taste was sweet and had the corn invade that sweetness. The palate, it sat exceptionally light and showed a superior sessionability about this one. The carbonation seems good for the style and okay to me, yeah I know its one of light lagers, yeah well. Overall, well, its Natural Ice, a beer that has quenched me after hockey for more than enough years and has helped sleep fairly well at night after I used to pound probably the whole 12 pack. Sigh, well, now that I’m a good 7 years older from my original beer roots and I look at this beer. Hmmm...its not bad, but probably not something I’d seek to buy. Would I have it again after a hockey game these days? Hmmm...probably would. Cheers. That’s all that matters.

foyle (436) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 12, 2014
Sampled from 25oz can into pint glass. Appearance: pours a sudsy white 1" head that falls fairly quick with some lacing left behind. Color is clear pale straw. Plenty of streaming bubbles. Aroma: mild aroma of corn sweetness, white bread and not much else. Mouthfeel: light and frothy with an easy dry finish. Quite watery. Flavor: some light barley notes, plenty of corn sweetness, maybe a bit of husks, with a hint of hops in the end. There is a slight alcohol presence in the finish. Overall: First time I have ever tried this. I wasn’t expecting much, so was surprised that it was not offensive at all. Definitely want to drink this one ice cold.

generallee08 (778) - New York, USA - JUN 12, 2014
The body has a light golden straw color with very good clarity. Its head is bright white and foamy. It builds up fast and thick before fading out quickly, leaving some bubbles around the edges of the glass. The aroma is very simple and typical of the style. There is a sweet grainy malt scent with lots of corn and rice adjunct notes and some far off grassy hops. Its flavor is similar to its aroma with a light sweet malt flavor that is full of grainy corn and rice. The hops add a light grassy flavor and some bitterness to the finish which ends quickly with a slightly corny aftertaste. It has a light body with a smooth watery texture and moderate carbonation. Overall it is light and easy to drink with a light price tag. It’s not bad for a cheap buzz although it’s not a beer I would normally seek out.

TheRealMLK (1) - - MAY 26, 2014 does not count
Found on any collge campus in south Florida, this below average beer is made king in the hands of any underage drinker. This beer, when opened, smells as a urine soaked hallway on a hot afternoon, and, when poured looks as such urine. When sipped, hmm upon this first sip I am compelled to yell ’CHUG’ since the cheap and poorly brewed tatse lingers on the pallete and no one wants that any longer than is nescessary. The abv however, is without a doubt the focal point of the drinking experience. Overall the Natural Ice is easy on the wallet an heavier in the GRAVITY!!!

1.1
maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - MAY 25, 2014
Can. Pours a clear pale yellow with a moderate white head that disappears quickly. Nose is light, and thank god for that. I can get a little corn to it, but relatively little else. Taste is also light and slightly sweet, and makes me thankful I drink beer that actually has taste most of the time.

TXBadger (2811) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
Other than having a higher abv for its style, there really isn’t much to this beer.

0.8
jkwood04 (5472) - Connecticut, USA - MAY 6, 2014
12oz can in a teku. Pours light golden with a white head. Aroma of light malts and adjuncts and no hops and bread. Flavor gross. Light. Gross.

1.3
smaynard6000 (1268) - Apopka, Florida, USA - MAR 8, 2014
25oz can. Pours a pale yellow, fizzy with minimal head. Aroma is just sweet, corn and adjuncts maybe? Flavor is sweet as hell- reminds me of the few malt liquors I’ve tried. Light bodied, sweet finish. Mostly inoffensive, but if you can’t stand a beer that’s cotton candy sweet, stay away.

Ch3wy (9) - Delmar, New York, USA - MAR 3, 2014 does not count
drink if you must.should be close to freezing if you would like to get it down...should be kept to a minimum if you would like to keep it down. frat boy beer, only one purpose, to get you twisted.

malkyore (377) - - FEB 27, 2014
Natural ice is my go to cheap beer.... Because when the dust settles, it just reminds me of crazy parties and all the good parts of college.... Much like sometimes it’s just fun to drink a 40 it’s also fun to Sometimes drink 19 natty ices, and then throw up. What points it loses in flavor, it makes up for in fun....... And yeah so, that’s what I have to say.....