overall
n/a
RATINGS: 892   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Buschs exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.

Characterized by its robust body, delicate sweetness and smooth, rich taste.

The introduction of Natural Ice provided the company with two brands in the value priced ice beer category (Busch Ice was also introduced in 1995).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
beer_rookie (532) - Arkansas, USA - JUN 23, 2015
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2016 Pours a very clear straw color. Heftty head but thins out to just a film on top. Some lacing on the glass.

Aroma is sweet. Sweet grain. Maybe a little banana. But overall, it smells like beer

Taste is actually pretty good. Its smooth and sweet. There is a tiny alcohol bite. Its grainy a little. It has beer flavor, but its a better than just that.

Mouthfeel is medium light, Its very smooth. No bitterness. Easy drinking, or perhaps I should say...easy drunking.

Overall, I dont understand the bad rating. Its actually very good. This one takes me back...way back. So it has some sentimental value to me. But that doesnt matter,its a good beer. I would recommend it. I will be buying it again!

Update, Im downing my original rating from 3.5 down to 3.3. Yes, still good. Probably one of the best in the category. I still recommend this

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ryandill2499 (1) - Knob Noster, Missouri, USA - FEB 11, 2002 does not count
This beer is not bad for being very cheap and having a high alcohol percentage.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
nattydreads99 (1) - USA - FEB 23, 2002 does not count
Barb is not embarrassed to say that this beer is not too bad. I, personally, think its the SHIT!!! not shit...THE shit.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
drebraun (1) - # 6, Florida, USA - SEP 18, 2007 does not count
I started drinking it for the price, but keep drinking it for the taste. I love it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
StrataFM (5) - Reedy, West Virginia, USA - JUN 10, 2003 does not count
I kinda like it. Cheap. Gets me drunk rather quickly, due to the 5.9% ABV... smells alittle strong, but thats okay. Pretty can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
generallee08 (772) - New York, USA - JUN 12, 2014
The body has a light golden straw color with very good clarity. Its head is bright white and foamy. It builds up fast and thick before fading out quickly, leaving some bubbles around the edges of the glass. The aroma is very simple and typical of the style. There is a sweet grainy malt scent with lots of corn and rice adjunct notes and some far off grassy hops. Its flavor is similar to its aroma with a light sweet malt flavor that is full of grainy corn and rice. The hops add a light grassy flavor and some bitterness to the finish which ends quickly with a slightly corny aftertaste. It has a light body with a smooth watery texture and moderate carbonation. Overall it is light and easy to drink with a light price tag. Its not bad for a cheap buzz although its not a beer I would normally seek out.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 7/20
pirate27516 (6) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - NOV 10, 2015 does not count
A great "lawnmower" beer. The head" is a white foamy color with a crisp finish and high drinkability.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
PhatCatt (81) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAR 28, 2017
UPDATED: APR 4, 2017 Poured into a vase-like shaped pilsner glass. Crisp sweetness, cereal and beer grains, quite smooth. Light carbonation. Overall medium-bodied, not too bold.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bkuzmin99 (20) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 1, 2002
A GREAT replacement for Natty Light 5.9% and 5.99 a 12 pack takes the prize. . .

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
PlinyDad1952 (112) - - MAY 3, 2015
LET ME TELL YUO FIRST THAT NATURAL ICE IS NOT GOOD BUT I WILL NEVER PAY MONEY FOR IT. THE ONLY BEERS I PAY MONEY FOR ITS PLINY (ITS THE BEST!!1!!) AND IF ITS IS FREE I WILL DRINK IT TOO GET DRUNK. SO EVEN THO NATTY IS NOT GOOD ITS NOT TERIBLE ON A HOT DAY WHEN IM BARBEEQUEING SOME BIG MACS OUTSIDE (I MAKE THE BEST ONES) my FREINDS BRING OVER A WRACK OF NATTYS AND I WILL DRINK ITBUT AFTER THEY LEAVE ITS BACK TO PLINY