RATINGS: 533   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Boasting a ruby hue and an exquisite floral aroma, Red Nectar is a robust yet elegant brew with distinctive accents of toasted malt, caramel, spice and residual sweetness. The beer that started it all… Red Nectar was considered a strange bird when it was first released in 1987. After all, where did a robust, handcrafted all-natural amber ale fit into the massive flock of American industrial lagers? Answer: it didn’t. So it blazed its own trail, helping set the pace for the craft brew revolution. Enjoy Red Nectar for its dazzling reddish copper hue, original flavors and caramel spice accents. (Editor’s Note: originally brewed by Humboldt Brewing Company as "Humboldt Red Nectar Ale" until their acquisition by Firestone Walker.)

Nalu (217) - Washington, USA - MAR 15, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2007 The prototypical American Amber. Golden red and clear, with a short, coarse head and fine white lace. Nicely hopped with a gorgeous fruity and flowery nose, and resinous hop finish. Medium body with a perfect balance of malt and hops.

smcmasters75 (3) - USA - SEP 23, 2007 does not count
This is a quality beer. Strong taste, sweet, but with enought hops to balance out the barley. A stand by beer.

oshinnluv (2) - USA - MAR 18, 2007 does not count
Beautiful color and aroma with a straightfoward, clean taste that is balanced and refreshing. Hops are apparent but not overwhelming.

FROTHINGSLOSH (8308) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 6, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 6, 2006 I am not very familiar with this brewer as their products have only recently become available to me locally. Being as I am rather hummingbird obsessed I had to jump at the chance to try this one. Yeah, I know, not the best of reasons to choose a brew, but I am satisfied with my decision. Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a bright bronze color with a medium sized yellow-cream colored head. The aroma was wonderfully sweet and fruity. The texture is thick. The flavor is sweet and contains ripe fruit, floral and fruity hops and caramel elements. There is a sugary hop finish. Really found this beer to be rather delightful and I will certainly try it again.

ricardowess (25) - Sedona, Arizona, USA - OCT 6, 2004
I have dreams about this stuff... hoppy, copper colored ale. Full flavored, balanced - damn, thinking about it makes me want another!

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - NOV 12, 2002
This was my idea of a perfect beer a few years ago. I bought it again, and with some trepidation. Still excellent, with restrained (but still rich) hoppiness in the nose. The appearance is gorgeous--clear amber with generous belgian lace. The flavor is complex, full malt--not unlike Anderson Valley ESB. Delicious. This beer remains the standard by which I judge others of this particular style.

Easy2Slip (4) - penngrove, California, USA - MAY 12, 2004 does not count
top notch northern cal micro-beer...crisp, smooth and a bit sweet, as it was once called the nectar of the gods...can’t go wrong