overall
Brewed by Neustadt Springs Brewery
Style: Pale Lager
Neustadt, Canada

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.62/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.64/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
wed in the Keeper's Tradition of 1867, Bruce County Premium Lager reflects a time when life was simple. The crisp taste embraces the cool emerald waters of Georgian Bay and maintains the bold character of the Niagara Escarpment. Join us on the Journey. "Explore the Bruce"

pootzboy (1830) - Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 17, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 26, 2008 Bought 6 of these unlabelled from the brewery last year when it was on taste trials...l and had some at the hotel in Wiarton during the summer and recently after snowmobiling. I liked the draft version better...could be my imagination but I think it was better lagered...hard to tell as this beer is so subtle. Definately a good session beer with quality ingredients...you can tell that with just a sniff....smells of subtle bready malts and light herbal aroma hopping...pours a clear yellow straw color with a one finger white cap that leaves a lace as it goes down. Mildly effervescent. Starts mellow and subdued then smooths out where the bready-nutty malts mingle with the subtle hops... finish is clean but a bit thin leaving a mild bisquit after tast. This is a unique beer in it’s subtleness, do we need a lager tamed like this?...very mild and drinkable....great to quaff on the patio of a cottage country inn...which is where most of the sales are that keep this brewer at capacity brewing this beer in the warm months.

DougShoemaker (3146) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 12, 2003
Grass and corn aroma, light yellow, small white head. Faint malt flavour, light bodied, some hop bitterness. Ordinary.

daboskabouter (1469) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2003
Very pale, spritzy yellow color and a foamy white head. The nose is fruity and uninticing. The body is fruity as well with a slight hoppiness (Goldings I reckon) that does nothing for overall quality. Poor example, sweet and uninteresting.

jercraigs (11164) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 10, 2003
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2003 Clear with hint of yellow. Aroma is somewhat hoppy with notes I can't quite identify. Very watery, slight floral notes in the finish.

JoeM500 (1909) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Bland "premium" lager. Malts have no real flavorful quality. Some flowery dry hops at the end, but nothing to make you want to order a whole pint.

thedm (6319) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JUN 29, 2003
This brew pours a small head of white bubbles and a transparent straw yellow body. It had a mild malt-hop aroma and a mild flavor of hops with an intially tingly mouthfeel.

CapFlu (5132) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 23, 2003
(Bottle) Many thanks to Joey_Capps for the opportunity to rate this beer! Pours a medium, white head and an orange-amber body. Lively carbonation. Fruity hops aroma - some passion fruit nose in there too - very intoxicating! Thin, but flavourful. Fruity, slight hops. Clean finish. Great for summer! Thanks Joe.

joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 18, 2003
Clear pale yellow w/ very white head. Sweet, malty, bread aroma . Light bodied. Flavour is muted (bland?): some malt, some hops but far too restrained.

Cartoonkhaki (1341) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 21, 2003
I went to the brewery last Saturday. I asked him if he was going to come out with anything new. And as soon as I said that an unlabled bottle was opened and a sample poured for me just as I was finishing my sentance. It isn't available outside of the brewery yet, its only available in 12s and the only label they have is a green tag attached to the neck with an elastic band. Very quaint. The owner was very nice and was very helpful in directing me to more beer. Everyone I gave this beer to liked it and really enjoyed it. They including myself found it refreshing and not overbaringly loaded with sights sounds and smells. Clean crisp pale yellow colour. Nice head. Mild and mute in flavour which suited my mood perfectly that day. So it went down quite well. Although people will probaly trash this beer for having anything of distinction going towards it. I appreciated that when I had it. I will have this again.