overall

RATINGS: 43   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   ABV: -
Single Batch. Extremely well-balanced with rich malt flavor up front, followed by a hoppy finish. Full-bodied and hearty. Formerly New Amsterdam New York Amber Ale.

DocKozzak99 (143) - Tampa, Florida, USA - AUG 8, 2002
Nice porter with agreat, smooth taste. great with a steak! Full bodied & good aroma!

CrumpyC99 (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 8, 2001
I miss this beer so much. I cannot find this beer in my local stores anymore. It’s smooth, with a nice understated hop flvaor. Beautiful.

beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 18, 2004
This is a nice beer, randomly found in a store refridgerator. Great amber/dark-brown color, and sweet richness. An example for others to see what a beer can taste like without going over the top with experimentation. Hints of grape, even, in the palate? A nice beer, one I would have again, esp in a pint at a bar.

ddinneb (5) - Sylvania, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2007 does not count
Very difficult to find in the Toledo OH area. After reading several reviews I feel that maybe some of the reviewers could give this brew another taste; this is the way I savor this brew… I assure a clean, thin walled pilsner glass slightly chilled. I prefer the Amber Ale to be around 45 degrees and poured to create a head about 1 inch. (not difficult) the color is so inviting and a pleasure to serve to a friend as a treat. Whenever I go to the NYC area I bring home 2 six’s and savor each. A golden, smooth, creamy head, with a rich taste that stays with you. Thanks for reading!

BREWMUSKCLES (2671) - New Jersey, USA - APR 17, 2007
like it and always have! wonderful malt hop character. sometimes the carbonation is a little disappointing. always confused by what they called it and how it tastes. found a couple bottles at the gardenia deli. 8th ave 31st nyc. used to buy it by the case back when i was financially challenged.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - OCT 30, 2000
I’ve been a fan of New Amsterdam products for many years. More difficult to find now that I’m in FLA. This is a quality amber lager. Lots of toasty malt in aroma and flavor; generous hops; moderate bitterness; smooth, long, malty finish. Refreshing and clean, but still very full tasting.

canary dog (766) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - JUL 15, 2001
I haven’t had it in a while. What I remember was nice copper color...and taste very similar to Sam Adams Lager. Very drinkable.

21iceman40 (1735) - Grafton, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2003
a maroon copper color to it with a lill head. A nice sweet, hoppy aroma. I though this would suck, but its really good. Smarties in the body, not too much water, most satisfactory as far as a nice relaxing brew. An absolutely solid amber.

karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - NOV 15, 2000

Jine (903) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - SEP 18, 2004
Nice amber color. A nice amber overall in fact. Not much to really wow you though, but nothing to complain about either. Easy drinkin’, good tasting