%>
overall
RATINGS: 404   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Alpine might be small, but their brewing chops are mighty. We teamed up to create this triple dry-hopped imperial IPA bursting with Columbus, Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe hops. Consider yourself a hero for getting an Alpine beer outside of San Diego.

beernovice39 (3270) - Idaho, USA - OCT 28, 2012
Bottle pours a hazy golden/amber color with a thin white top. Scent is big citrus and pine at first then sweet malt and fruit. Taste is grassy with sweet citrus and pine. Very good.

arrogantb (1402) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 22, 2012
22oz bottle picked up in Ft. Collins for $5.99 which is a pretty good deal for a double IPA these days. I was real excited when I heard about this collaboration because I think Alpine is producing some of the best IPA’s in the business. This really tastes and smells like an Alpine beer which is awesome. Bright orange color, huge head, huge lacing on the sides of my New Belgium snifter (I don’t have any Alpine glasses). Smells dank, stinky, melon rinds, cat piss, green, spicy, black pepper. Flavor is heavy melon rind, canteloupe rind, juicy fruits, hint of black pepper and a bitter finish. This beer reminded me a lot of Pure Hoppiness and Exponential Hoppiness, I think it is the melon rind aspect. This is a real winner and easily the best IPA New Belgium has produced. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 08-14-2012 02:26:14

philvil (176) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 22, 2012
Two of my favorite breweries really came up with something special. Probably the best collaboration I’ve ever tasted. Alpine’s specialty is hop flavor blending for perfectly balanced IPAs. New Belgium brings a mastery of texture, carbonation and clarity. The combination is spectacular. An extraordinarily balanced IPA.

merc7186 (3142) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - OCT 9, 2013
A: Golden Straw/Mild Amber Hue, Passes Most Light, White Head Ring, Some Lacing S: Malty, Piney, Mild Floral T: Piney, Semi Sweet Malty, Mild Floral M: Decent Carbonation, Medium Bodied, Mildly Bitter, Mildly Malty Overall, a pretty decent IPA that doesn’t burn you out and maintains a good malty flavor.

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - DEC 20, 2014
Had this on tap at the Press Room in Bentonville. Pours goldish with two fingers of white head. Aroma is slight grapefruit and some malt. Flavor is malty with nice grapefruit. Really a very nice beer. Almost my ideal IPA.

richiesd (31) - California, USA - AUG 7, 2012
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2012 Holy crap. This beer is amazing. On draft at toronado SD. I haven’t had an ipa in this realm of awesome since roger’s last stand. The hop flavors come at you hard without any of that bitterness. Just the right amount of maltiness for this style Of beer. If I wanted something less malty I would have ordered a Nelson. Anyways, this gets extra points for being possibly the easiest "alpine" beer to get a hold of. Drink it fresh obviously. If the hops fade this beer won’t be nearly as tasty *re-rating this* 8/14 The hops have either dropped some, or that first keg I had last week was some miracle batch. While not one of the most mindblowingly good IPAs I’ve ever had anymore, it is still amazing. I’m a hophead obviously, so I probably went overboard when I first had it. Either way, awesome IPA, if we weren’t so spoiled with Alpine already, I’d be seeking this out by the case.

arminjewell (9720) - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - AUG 10, 2012
Pour out of 22 oz bottle, big thanks to Aaron! Clear orange with nice fluffy white head, aroma has notes of big weed and dank notes, pine and resinous notes, grapefruit peel, orange, lemon peel, lots of tropical fruit as well. Wow. Taste is big sweet orange, toffee, some white dank fruits, some slight pine, finishing with more hop notes, big citrus notes come through. I could drink a lot of this.

wwwdottom (47) - Breese, Illinois, USA - AUG 22, 2012
Pours a transparent golden color with white head / Strong pine and citrus in the nose / not as bitter as expected, actually kind of a sweet taste / very good beer overall and the 9% alcohol is hidden nicely

SudsMcDuff (8468) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - AUG 27, 2012
Draft @ The Saucer, Houston .. 12th Anniversary Party .. . pours a deep gold .. awesome foam .. . tons of citrus and pine sap .. . nice bitterness level .. . a very nice beer, jay liked it .. . . you have a demon in you? no, you’re just a asshole..

maxwelldeux (4374) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - AUG 28, 2012
Pours a hazy amber with a fairly small head. A lot of hops to the aroma without overpowering the nose. Good level of hops, though balanced well to cut the bitterness.