overall
RATINGS: 2840   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Named in honor of our founder Jeff’s bike trip through Belgium, Fat Tire Amber Ale marks a turning point in the young electrical engineer’s home brewing. Belgian beers use a far broader palette of ingredients (fruits, spices, esoteric yeast strains) than German or English styles. Jeff found the Belgian approach freeing. Upon his return, Jeff created Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, (assuming Abbey would be his big gun). He and his wife, Kim traveled around sampling their homebrews to the public. Fat Tire’s appeal quickly became evident. People liked everything about it. Except the name. Fat Tire won fans is in its sense of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

scarpin (68) - Moorhead, Minnesota, USA - SEP 2, 2017
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2017 Uma das melhores da New Belgium. nem muito forte, nem fraca demais. Ótima para um final de tarde.

balloonbuffoon (532) - - AUG 31, 2017
12floz can, BBD: 12.10.2017, I've had before on draft and bottle too many times (first from a can, and it's likely been 3-4 years since I last had a Fat Tire), paid $14 as part of mix twelve pack, poured this one into a pint glass. I can see through the amber body clearly. So I know it's filtered. The head is relatively small, but sloshes around while drinking. Buttery toasted bread is all I need to say about this beer's aroma and taste. The body is medium, and is a standard drinking beer suitable for a meal at restaurants such as Chili's or Applebees. It's harmless and fine. At one time I thought this was one of the greatest beer's ever. Way back when I only tried about six US crafts, three US macros, and two macro imports (Guinness and Heineken) . Oh how things have changed in the last 10-20 years. I recalled it once had a strong biscuity caramel character. Now I know some of it is still there, but today I'm less impressed. Still pretty decent.

twindadplus2 (732) - Wisconsin, USA - AUG 28, 2017
Clear, dark orange amber color with a small foamy head. Sweet, nutty, light pine aroma. Taste is doughy malt and light herbal bitterness. mouthfeel is a bit watery and on the low end of medium bodied with a quick piney finish. Not a bad beer at all.

camay1997 (73) - patton, California, USA - AUG 27, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2017 Thin white head on top of a nigh clear amber body. It smells sweet, like molasses or taffy. There's more substance to the taste than that Newcastle I just had. It tastes sweet. The label says it's past it's prime, but I like more than I remember. Who's to say why...

Grumbo (3756) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - AUG 21, 2017
Bottle, from US. Backlog entry. Entering my historic scores for US beers whilst visiting New York. No tasting notes kept, just rating.

sccp1910 (279) - BRAZIL - AUG 17, 2017
Uma amber Ale saborosa e um tanto adocicada. Cor �mbar e espuma branca. Muito saborosa...

Peterhogan22 (27) - - AUG 9, 2017
I love Fat Tire, weird how the ratings aren't too high...on of my favorites. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Iznogud (4070) - CROATIA - AUG 9, 2017
Canned, 355 ml, at Buffalo Bungalow, Glendale, UT. Amber, off white head Caramel, malty, some fruity notes. On the sweet side. Medium bodied.

Nonshaugen (652) - Fetsund, NORWAY - AUG 6, 2017
355 ml can, BB May 13th 2018. Clear, orange golden amber, thick white head, medium to lively carbonation. Not much else to the nose than dark bready notes. Mouthfeel is sharp and fresh, a bit thin. Aromas of toffee and caramel, some bitterness and sweetness, quite balanced, with unfamiliar yeast notes. I liked this!!

sdhunter (10) - - AUG 5, 2017
One of my favorites. Excellent, light aftertaste. Caramel color. My go to beer when I don't know what else to get ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone