overall
RATINGS: 2840   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Named in honor of our founder Jeff’s bike trip through Belgium, Fat Tire Amber Ale marks a turning point in the young electrical engineer’s home brewing. Belgian beers use a far broader palette of ingredients (fruits, spices, esoteric yeast strains) than German or English styles. Jeff found the Belgian approach freeing. Upon his return, Jeff created Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, (assuming Abbey would be his big gun). He and his wife, Kim traveled around sampling their homebrews to the public. Fat Tire’s appeal quickly became evident. People liked everything about it. Except the name. Fat Tire won fans is in its sense of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

Bootlegger007 (245) - AUSTRALIA - AUG 3, 2017
It’s nice and easy drinking, light aroma of dark fruits and caramel, light amber colour with a large rocky head, medium body, flavours of sweet caramel malt finishing with a mellow bitterness.

WilleLW (282) - Lund, SWEDEN - AUG 1, 2017
Amber coloured beer with a creamy head. Aroma of malt, caramel, orange peel and hops. Taste of sweet sugar, caramel, some fruitiness and malt.

SONOFWODEN (72) - New York, USA - AUG 1, 2017
I have heard a lot of hype about Fat Tire including from Matt, a co-host on a podcast that I listen to called "The Perfect Pour". One Saturday, my shelves were empty, I did not feel like driving to the distributor, so I picked up a 6 of this from a deli down the street. It is good, I am enjoying it, but it is not great and did not knock my socks off. I am not sure what all the hype is about.

hauxe (898) - Butzbach, Hesse, GERMANY - JUL 27, 2017
From the bottle. Drank from a tinted glass and was not able to ger the color. Looked orange. Aroma is floral with light notes of honey and caramel. Taste is mildly bittersweet. Hints of spice. Body is light, even a touch watery. Overall, kind of dull, but no off notes either.

nathanvc (644) - Brugge, BELGIUM - JUL 23, 2017
Bottle from Vons, Las Vegas. Pours clear amber with a minimal, off-white head. The aroma contains malt, biscuit, bread, caramel, fruits and hops. It tastes medium malty sweet and light hoppy bitter into the finish, ending slightly dry. Medium body, slick texture, fizzy carbonation. A decent Amber Ale, I’d have it again (if I could).

beer-yum (1866) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 16, 2017
Funky floral farmhouse aroma in an amber copper pour. Slightly tart taste to start with mix of spice, bread, and bubblegum in the body. Restrained finish is fresh but a little watery.

JohananaV2 (278) - Hurst, Texas, USA - JUL 10, 2017
I don't go crazy over fat tire, but it was definitely one of the older craft beers I had when I first started getting into the mm. No complaints, but nothing spectacular here ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

seehaferb23 (281) - - JUL 2, 2017
Tasted by Cannery Row Beer Club. This was $3.39 at Grocery Outlet. First beer. Cheers! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

(5) - , Connecticut, USA - JUN 18, 2017 does not count
One of the better ambers out there. I enjoy this beer. Can taste the hint of caramel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rayaron (1928) - Kfar Saba, ISRAEL - JUN 17, 2017
Can. Clear golden with beige head. The aroma has notes of caramel, honey, a bit metallic. Bitterish flavor with notes of caramel, honey, some graininess and some citrus. Medium-bodied.