overall
RATINGS: 2835   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Named in honor of our founder Jeff’s bike trip through Belgium, Fat Tire Amber Ale marks a turning point in the young electrical engineer’s home brewing. Belgian beers use a far broader palette of ingredients (fruits, spices, esoteric yeast strains) than German or English styles. Jeff found the Belgian approach freeing. Upon his return, Jeff created Fat Tire and Abbey Belgian Ale, (assuming Abbey would be his big gun). He and his wife, Kim traveled around sampling their homebrews to the public. Fat Tire’s appeal quickly became evident. People liked everything about it. Except the name. Fat Tire won fans is in its sense of balance: toasty, biscuit-like malt flavors coasting in equilibrium with hoppy freshness.

FearNoBeer1980 (10) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 23, 2001
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2005 WHADDA BEER..............................................

later4you (23) - Wyoming, USA - FEB 14, 2002
A very good Amber Ale, plus so much better on tap...........................

jeafox (1) - USA - AUG 11, 2005 does not count
was hesitant to try it, because i dont like belgium beers, but glad i did... it is now my favorite beer in the world, i can see why its popping up everywhere here.

TheGreatAddo (14) - West Hills, California, USA - AUG 24, 2005
Best Beer Ever! I have been waiting 5 years for this great beer to come to LA.

swedeboy63 (2) - USA - MAR 21, 2006 does not count
Sweet smell, nice amber coloring even better taste. Inspired by a bikeride through Belguim. The brewery in Ft. Collins is worth the trip.

iloveoberon (4) - Flint, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2006 does not count
This is hands down my absolute favorite beer. The taste, bottle, smell, everything is amazing. Unfortunately I live in michigan so I don’t have access to this. My brother lives in oregon so when he comes home he brings it by the case, my whole family loves it. Wish I could drink this everyday.

rsistare (9) - Troy, Michigan, USA - MAY 26, 2007 does not count
This beer, based upon a trip along the Belgian country side, is by far one of the superior American brands. By far, one of the beers which requires personal indulgence

tubintheyampa (12) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - OCT 19, 2012
It’s hard to deny this beer room in my fridge. It’s probably one of the best (if not THE best) amber ale’s I have ever tasted.

Bttrfly777 (2) - - JAN 24, 2013 does not count
A dark beer with just a hint of chocolate. This is THE best beer. No comparison.

lindak (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 16, 2013 does not count
This is my all time favorite beer. Discovered in Yellowstone, can’t get in PA.