overall
RATINGS: 692   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.48/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
Biere De Mars is New Belgium’s exploration of the classic French and Belgian brews celebrating the half-winter, half-spring month of March. Our bottle-conditioned version, however, goes where no BIERE DE MARS has gone before. After gazing at its cloudy, yet glowing orange hue, prepare yourself for a celestial collaboration of oats, wheat, barley malt and lemon verbena, all of which is set into orbit by unidentified flying yeast strains.

rotoguru (126) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 17, 2007
UPDATED: APR 24, 2010 I’ve had this many many times and figured I’d have plenty of opportunity to rate it despite being seasonal; then NB cut this and brought out Springboard... DOH! In any event, this brew reminds me of Fat Tire once upon a time; something I’ve discussed with a few of the locals. Pours a hazy orange/amber color with ample white head. Great sweet, mild fruity nose. Smooth amber with notable fruit, mild malt and spice tones. Simply awesome; if any beer deserves a perfect score, it’s this one! Really hoping NB jumps off the Springboard and back on this one for next spring. UPDATE: Biere de Mars has returned but is not the same as the original. It has some interesting spices that changed it up. I chose to live in the past and not re-rate this, but I probably will at some point; the average score is likely more accurate than my perfect rating ;).

CubsClapp (13) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 31, 2008
One of my favorites, and maybe New Belgium’s best. One of the best tasting beers out there. Hopefully New Belgium brings it out this Spring or else I’m gonna lose it.

aaron_bossart (39) - Idaho, USA - AUG 14, 2012
New Belgian Brewery has outdone themselves on this ale. Poors a foggy robust copper-tan color, has a perfect frothy top and has a refreshing yet filling aftertaste. I have tried their Lips of Faith "Brett Beer" and it was decent, but this is HANDS DOWN the best ale I have had in a long time. I would highly recommend it.