overall
RATINGS: 509   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Eric’s Ale, named for long time New Belgium brewer Eric Salazar, combines a dry, sour beer aged up to three years in oak foeders with a semi sweet, higher alcohol base beer. The resulting blend is re-fermented with peach juice, creating a smooth ale with subtle peach tones and a warm, spicy finish. The aroma has pleasant hints of vanilla and tropical fruit, the wood characteristics are present but nicely muted.

segfault (103) - Centennial, Colorado, USA - AUG 21, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2006 RERATE: On tap at NBB brewhouse 2 while talking with Peter Bouckaert on 9/26/2006 - Still a beautiful beer, I appreciate it even more now. Seems to have a more sour character than before, and it is even better than it was... This is beer art. This beer inspires me. // ORIGINAL RATE: A couple of pints on tap at the brewery with alaskanwarren at the AHA membership drive (found my tasting notes after 6 long months!). Beer pours with the beautiful color and glow of clover honey with a touch of rustcolor mixed in, a clear low carbonation. The aroma contains honey, tartness/acidity, heather, and some peachy goodness. A soft caressing sweetness and tartness, balanced beautifully. Peachy with green-apple crispness and honey puts a smile on my face. More approachable that the also-fantastic Le Terroir. How good was it? I wish I had a keg or three. Please brew it again! Probably my favorite effort from New Belgium brewery. Eric Salazar has my thanks!