New Belgium Lips of Faith - Fresh Hop

overall
RATINGS: 196   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Fresh pickings for some lickings. This beauty of an ale boasts a fresh crop of cascade, centennial, and amarillo hops. We’re talking from vine to brew within 24 hours fresh. Citrusy. Soft fruit tones. Fresh hop IPA.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - FEB 22, 2012
Brew pours golden to pale amber with a moderate, steady head like a gunslinger from the wild west programs I watched as a kid. Chubby malt and sharp hop aromas fill the air. Full nectar with superb carbonation creating a very lush yet snappy mouthfeel. This brew is the bomb. Everything is on the right place and tastes as fresh as it can be. Citrus rind balances the copious malt overlord. Seriously, don’t miss this one. I’m gonna throw a TRUMP card at this one. Bamn!

Vir4030 (603) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 27, 2011
Pours a clear yellow with a thinnish white head from a cold bomber. Very hoppy light aroma with some sweet perhaps fruity tints. Nice and hoppy flavor, but not too overpowering or bitter. Very nice indeed. Will drink again.

dwyerpg (6410) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - DEC 26, 2011
Wow, a nice fresh fruity hop aroma that is fantastic. This is really top notch. Lots of fruity hops with some dryness at the end. Quite good stuff.

huskerben (15) - - DEC 16, 2011
I really loved this beer, the aroma after pouring is very reminiscent of when I cut open a bag of hops to home brew. It’s just that pure fresh hop aroma that I expect from a fresh hop ale. The head, lacing, and color looked good and it tasted as fresh and pure as it smells. This is my favorite style of beer so maybe I’m biased but this is my favorite beer in the lips of faith series so far even if it isn’t the most original.

Nimrod979 (212) - Hagerstown, Maryland, USA - APR 8, 2012
Bomber with some bad ass labeling. Pours a clear orangish golden color with an enormous almost three finger white head. Great retention and lots of sticky lacing. Tons of citrusy, floral hops. Lots of delicious aromas. Piney resin notes as well. Delicious juicy citrusy hops. Grapefruit, with some leafy oily hop resin. A little malt sweetness but it’s a hop bomb. Bitter dry finish. Smooth and creamy. Perfect carbonation. Great mouthfeel and excellent bitterness. I love it’s juicy hop bite you get at first. Probably my favorite so far from New Belgium.

Beerona97 (2399) - Washington, USA - NOV 23, 2011
UPDATED: DEC 5, 2011 Clear golden color, big frothy long-lived beige head. Aroma is full of tropical fruit-mango mostly, floral hops, some pine, some grain, really nice. Taste is light bitter, lots of sweet floral notes, a little perfumey. The taste is incredible, lots of mango, the floral nature is like having a real flower in my mouth, but probably better than that would actually be. It reminds me of getting that whiff of a big honeysuckle shrub. You know, when you smell it before you see it, then you go over there and just want to bathe in it. The seven percent alcohol is shocking considering how light and easy to drink the body is. I would say that this is one of my favorite IPA’s. It’s not insanely bitter, it’s not over the top like so many IPA/DIPA’s are. This is just an incredibly well made beer with an awesome blend of fresh hops. It’s just so amazing to me because I’ve had so many IPA’s with these hops and even fresh hop IPA’s with these specific hops, but this really has separated itself from the norm. I’m not sure why I like this so much, but I could seriously have this beer at this freshness level (which is of course impossible) as the only beer for the rest of my life. I’m not drunk either, this is only my 3rd beer today and first in 3 hours, so those words hold more weight than if I was wasted. .... Just bought another to see if my score is warranted. The aroma is a little less vibrant, the taste is almost too soapy. Taking it from 4.6 to 4.3.

574deadzone (1419) - North Central, Indiana, USA - DEC 28, 2011
Very nice. Similar to other fresh hop IPAs I’ve had in a good way. There’s just no substitute for that fresh hop aromatic punch. Nice and bitter, hardly sweet, just focusing on the nuances of the hops.