overall
RATINGS: 287   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.41/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Oh my God. It’s not only a reaction for drinking one of Dieu De Ciel’s beers, but a figurative translation of the Montreal brewery’s name. Just ask our brewmaster, he’s in heaven when drinking this collaborative tripel, inspired by Dieu De Ciel’s love of hibiscus and Belgians love of the obscure, hence our addition of tart feijoa fruit. Cheers!

Goldbane (14) - Petaluma, California, USA - JUN 3, 2013
This was an odd one for me. Very unique flavors going on here. I enjoyed it as a taster, but just not my style, however, I have to be objective and recognize that this is an interesting beer (and my wife loves it!). I can see this as a food pairing specialty beer with mango salsa dishes or some fruit heavy dishes, or for people that just love unique, subtle fruit flavors.

Elwood (3347) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2013
Serving: 22 oz. bottle from State Line Liquors. It pours a nice amber color with a lasting white head. The nose is an unusual mix of floral notes (Hibiscus I presume), musty citrus, and slight malt notes. The flavor is unusual to say the least. A little floral, a little tart, yeast, and a slight maltiness. This one leaves with that "hmmmm..." sort of feeling like you aren’t quite sure whether to like it or not. It’s drinkable, but not one I would come back to.

alexsdad06 (10947) - West Chester, Ohio, USA - MAY 30, 2013
Bottle shared by Tmoney99. Pours a clear amber color with a small white head. The aroma has a big herbal/floral note, citrus juice, doughy malt, Belgian yeast and an odd note I can only assume is the feijoa fruit. The flavor has much of the same with some grapefruit like bitterness to the finish. A different spin on a tripel.

pushkinwow (2910) - Ottawa, CANADA - MAY 30, 2013
Bomber. Amber with a white head. Chardonnay, dry, habiscus, bit of yeast, lemon zest, some peach, lightly tart. Moderate carbonation, more of a reisling on the palate, quite dry, nice fresh finish.

TomTron (455) - South Carolina, USA - MAY 26, 2013
Pours a clear amber with a soapy white head. Aromas of some Belgian yeast and flowers. Flavor is a lot of fruit and yeast, and perhaps the most tart beer I’ve ever tried thanks to the feijoa, which I have never tried by itself. Really sweet compared to most tripels I have tried and the lingering sweetness isn’t something I completely enjoy. Nothing really offensive but also something I don’t have to try again.

ADfan (877) - Orange County, California, USA - MAY 26, 2013
Poured on tap it has a deep amber color with a small head. Aroma has some fruits, champagne and a tartness. The tartness continues on the taste along with bitterness and a bit of spices.

dfinney23 (3424) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 26, 2013
Darker than a typical tripel. Fruity and floral aroma. Taste is Belgian yeast, tropical fruit, a bit of spice.

bth122 (1682) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2013
Draft at salty caper in nc. Thanks Ryan. Poured a golden dark amber. Smaller head. Aroma of coriander, some citrus orange peel, grapefruit. Soak taste is huge citrus and tropical fruit. Wasn’t expecting that. Slight sour tart notes. Average carbonation.

magsinva (1444) - Virginia, USA - MAY 25, 2013
Bottle from Wegmans Leesburg - pours clear amber with a thin white head. Aroma has red fruits, some malt and funk. Taste is tart with some sourness. Sour triple, interesting.

DiarmaidBHK (5948) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 25, 2013
bottle from wegman’s leesburg. pours golden with a half inch of white foam. slight floral notes on the nose. Lots of tropical fruit on the tongue which gives both an approximation of the old style a new twist.. Finishes clean. It hides its alcohol well. i liked it.