overall
RATINGS: 1675   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Are you a hopinista? Thank our Beer Rangers for inspiring (and begging for) this well-balanced Simcoe, Cascade and Chinook hopped IPA. 70 IBUs

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
2guysdrinking (3) - Georgia, USA - JAN 30, 2011 does not count
The IPA for IPA Lovers! This rich Orange and hoppy beer is a a choice for a simple but beer enthusiast all around

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Shitpantz (61) - Illinois, USA - JAN 26, 2011
Smells better than it tastes - very piney smell, lovely rich hop aroma. Golden color with a nice head little lacing on the glass. Taste is way too hoppy- needs more balance.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
PhatB420 (840) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 23, 2011
12oz bottle flown on a plane from Vegas right here to me in Pittsfield, MA. Smell shoots out grapefruit and citrus and definately pine. Goes down with a tad of sweetness and then the bitterness creeps in likde a forgotten friend. Great brew here, especially for a drinkable IPA. I could take a few of these down and not get sick of them. Color is shown a dark golden haze and the thick head when poured lasts throughout the brew. Quite an enjoyable IPA here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
petematte46 (330) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Pours a orangish gold with a sudsy yet thin head and complex aromas of citrus, bread dough, grass and herbs. Flavor is decidedly malty... hops are not as dominant as I would have hoped, more like a medicinal/herbal presence that is moderate at best.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
pinkandgeek (56) - Georgia, USA - JAN 22, 2011
12 oz bottle. Poured a light copper with medium fluffy head. Nothing exciting in the aroma department, but a very bold grapefruit flavor in the body. Floral notes accompanied by slight pine and caramel. Good lacing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
alexsdad06 (9727) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 17, 2011
Bottle shared @ Cincy gathering. Pours a clear light golden color with a small white head. The aroma is citrus, herbal and resiny hops, grassy with a hint of pine. Not much in the way of malts in the nose. The flavor has pine, resin, pale malt, and a touch of citrus. Good bitterness through the dry finish. Decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - JAN 15, 2011
Bottle:   Clear golden, little carbonation, white foamy head, nice lacing.   Has somewhat of an earthy aroma, a little amonia.   Earthy/soily on the tongue, hops have a citrus rind like flavor.   Falls off fairly quick, minor stringency.   Body and mouthfeel are moderate.   Just and average IPA.   Could use a little bit of sweetness to balance the citrus rind.   Meh...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
delnoche (508) - Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA - JAN 15, 2011
12fl oz bottle poured into a frozen pint shaker. Golden amber with three fingers creamy white head. Aroma is strong floral hops. Flavor is the same. Medium lasting hop finish. Pretty good but not a standout. A typical American IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Naka (719) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 12, 2011
Pours golden with big lacy foam head. Aroma is citrus, butterscotch, and apricot. Flavor is a dry bitter with some honey. The hop note is kind of resiny. Not much sweetness to balance and the bitterness builds the more you drink. Finishes very bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
rwilcox42 (17) - Texas, USA - JAN 10, 2011
First I will say that I am not a fan of IPAs. I am not sure what is, as I want to like them. Each new brewer I try, I drink their IPA to see if my palate has grown or if I found the one. Ranger comes close for me. I tried to rate this brew fairly as I know Im not a fan of the style. It poured golden and looked light and bubbly with a decent white head. The head smelt of a piney grassyness spice with a hoppy floral presence as well. I was shocked after my first drink as I felt it to be the easiest IPA to drink that I have tried. I would say its mellow and not aggresaivly hoppy. Light on the tounge through the finish yet that familiar bitter remains and is more present in aftertaste. All in all I will enjoy finish the 6 pack and would drink this IPA again. Not my favorite brew, buy so far my fave IPA.