overall
RATINGS: 750   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Does it get any sunnier than two people in love? Sunshine Wheat came into the world as Wedding Wheat, a beer Jeff brewed in celebration of his wedding to Kim. A filtered wheat beer, Sunshine Wheat swirls in the mouth with ripples of coriander and orange peel tartness, settling into a sea of honey and apple tones.

later4you (23) - Wyoming, USA - MAY 5, 2002
One of the best wheat beers I have tried especially on tap..................

bruce09 (2) - USA - NOV 14, 2005 does not count
This beer is very personal to me. I love it and it reminds me of college. Great nose.

Ninjalectual (2) - USA - FEB 10, 2007 does not count
Nothing boring about this beer at all. It has the most complex flavor of any wheat or hefe I have tasted. It goes great with a slice of lemon or orange floating in the glass. The filtered clear look in the glass is slightly off-putting, but one sniff or sip will fix any minor quibbles.

bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 23, 2003
My favorite beer. I have to go out of state to find it but it is just wonderful. Great wheat taste and it is very smooth.

moose99 (18) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2002
One of the very best of the wheat beers. The orange peel really comes through. Highly recommended.

k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
One of my favorite wheats out there. Great summer beer, light but enought body and flavor. no yeasty aftertaste.

Pulley36 (5) - USA - MAY 2, 2003 does not count
My favorite draft beer ever. Fruity aroma, mild bitterness, and a wonderful aftertase of orange rinds and coriander. Best served chilled, not cold.

cubs (10693) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - DEC 30, 2010
UPDATED: MAY 22, 2014 On tap and in the can. Pours a bit cloudy yellow appearance with an off whit head. Not a ton of cloudiness. There’s some coriander spice in the nose along with some orange peel. A fair amount of citrus in the nose. Aroma doesn’t have that nasty cilantro / herbal / spice rack smell going on that many overly spiced witbiers have. The flavor has a hint of tartness, plenty of citrus, nice wheat character, and spicy yeast notes. Not all that sweet. Dry, citrusy finish. Moderate to high carbonation. Kind of rough mouth feel. Nice orange aftertaste. Clean and uncomplicated. The easiest beer for me to pound a bunch of when I’m out with the college crowd or when I’m @ home on my deck or when I’m camping. One of the best American wheat beers out there. Over any given year, I pound over 100 of these bad boys. If you drink multiple cases of a beer over a year, it only makes sense if you rate it 4.5+.

Smilliey99 (30) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 24, 2001
..................................................

Braudog (6804) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2003
Golden and white-topped with the look of a crisp pilsner. Even the aroma is more reminiscent of a Czech beer than a witbier. The flavor is vaguely yeasty, but wonderfully malty and subtley zesty, an understated and well balanced, crisp and cool beer. Excellent.