overall
RATINGS: 1500   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 234   ABV: 7.8%
Our Trippel Belgian Style Ale (pronounced triple) opens with a bold blast of hops that slowly gives way to the fruity esters implied by our Belgian yeast strain. The Three Graces hand-painted on the label are Zeusís daughters Aglaia (splendor), Euphrosyne (mirth) and Thalia (good cheer). In the Belgian tradition of brewing singles, doubles and triples, Trippel is the strongest with the longest fermentation. Remarkably smooth and complex, our bottle-conditioned Trippel is spiced with a trace of coriander.

thedm (6147) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 28, 2017
This bottled brew from a bottle shop was served at a cool temperature and poured a medium sized head of foamy fine to medium sized white colored bubbles that were and left behind semi-transparent light yellow orange colored body and a thick foamy lacing. The weak aroma was musty. The mouth feel was weakly tingly at the start mediumly tingly at the finish with a medium candy aftertaste. The ok flavor contained notes of mild hops candy and malt. A decent one that I would consider drinking again.

MavDunk (103) - - MAY 14, 2017
Pours golden and not quite clear. Head is thin, milky white. Aroma of biscuits and ripe fruit. Taste has some light hops early with caramel and ripe fruit. Slight alcohol taste as you might expect with 8.5 % ABV. Not quite as enjoyable as the dubbel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rubbishystuff (2529) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 7, 2017
From Chrisí on the corner. Malty, yeasty, fruity yeasty, sweet beer. Nice but maybe not crisp enough. Serving: Bottle

DavidWoodruff (601) - Windsor, California, USA - MAR 31, 2017
Golden with a thin white head. Fruity esters with candy, honey notes. Malty sweet up front but drier in the finish. Perfect amount of hop bitterness to off set the malty sweetness. Alcohol level seems appropriate to style. Enjoyable.

KevinReddirt (152) - Midland, Texas, USA - FEB 26, 2017
New Belgium is one of my most appreciated breweries and I always like to review one of their beers. I have not had Trippel for a long time but now it is time. The 12 oz. dark brown bottle pours a light golden liquid giving a thin whitish head. The nose is spice. A taste delivers more of that spiciness, clove and coriander perhaps, fruitiness leaning towards mango and a bit of lemon. A slight bitterness lasts all the way through. No hint to me of the alcohol. Nice but not one of my favorites from the brewer.

StoutBeerReviews (131) - Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 15, 2017
A bit on the boozy side, but to be expected for a Belgian of such high abv. nice flavor otherwise and not too dry either. overall its pretty good

JFGrind (2043) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2016
Golden, full bodied Trippel, bitterness and Belgian yeast cohabitate agreeably in the chalice. Surprising choice for my brother to serve at a Christmas gathering...Iím not complaining.

ghostbeer (213) - Nebraska, USA - DEC 7, 2016
This had lots of coriander for me...too much in my opinion. It was basically all I noticed and was off-putting for my taste. It is not something that I necessarily mind, but it needs to be more well balanced. I might try it again, but only if I am not paying for it.

RobertDale (6388) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - NOV 15, 2016
Sample at Strong Ale Fest 2016. Comes dark gold with a nice white head. Aroma of spice, fruit, yeast, and malt. Taste is similar. Well made.

Bulk_Carrier (6065) - Vermont, USA - NOV 14, 2016
Poured into a chalice, the appearance was a semi-hazy burnt yellow to orange color with a thick fingerís worth of white foamy head that dissipated somewhat evenly. Messy lace. The aroma had some citrusy hops playing with some floral hops. And then some banana esters, iced apples, Belgian sugars and spices come in to blend nicely. The flavor leans somewhat sweet with a nice effort of the Belgian spice to gracefully hit underneath. Sly sweet then subtle floral and spicy aftertaste with a quick dry semi-sweet finish. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium on the body with a fair sessionability almost sipping quality about it. Medium carbonation. Throaty Belgian-esque sort of burn but due to the spice and not ABV related. Overall, mostly a pretty good tripel by an American brewer. I would have again.