overall
RATINGS: 1456   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Our Trippel Belgian Style Ale (pronounced triple) opens with a bold blast of hops that slowly gives way to the fruity esters implied by our Belgian yeast strain. The Three Graces hand-painted on the label are Zeus’s daughters Aglaia (splendor), Euphrosyne (mirth) and Thalia (good cheer). In the Belgian tradition of brewing singles, doubles and triples, Trippel is the strongest with the longest fermentation. Remarkably smooth and complex, our bottle-conditioned Trippel is spiced with a trace of coriander.

junkeee's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
junkeee (22) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - SEP 29, 2010
To best describe my reaction to the beer, an analogy. My wife and I have an ongoing debate about cilantro. We both love it. But while I feel it should enhance the flavor of the food it’s seasoning, she prefers to smother dishes with bushels of the stuff to the point where you’re basically eating a cilantro salad garnished with other stuff. So back to this Trippel. Now admittedly Belgians are not my favorite style of beer to begin with, but I decided to give this one a whirl since I’m a fan of Fat Tire and wanted to taste their other offerings. The ’Belgiany’ thing just dominates. While I prefer subtle Belgians, this one is just in your face. Maybe it’s the coriander that puts such a brash finish on this. I don’t know. But I had a hard time drinking it. I won’t be too harsh though, because it’s obviously a quality brew, just not my cup of tea.

Dal9000 (654) - Ohio, USA - AUG 28, 2017
Sampled at 2017 Dayton Alefest- a classic tripped. Creamy mouthfeel with bananas and grain and malty spices. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

eallenbrown (23) - - JUL 28, 2017
Aromas of banana and apricot, taste of esters, clove, and dark candy sugar. Just ok the sweet side for my Tastes, but hits all the Belgian triple notes and will certainly scratch that itch. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

john_hops_kinz (17) - - JUL 27, 2017
New Belgium Trippel: It tastes like buttermilk and banana-flavored schnapps with a teaspoon of caper juice.

Hopper8 (203) - Holland, Michigan, USA - JUL 26, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2017 It's good, it's very pleasant, it's got nice yeasts, nice malts. It is very much a trippel, but it's not very complex, although drinkable. I like it, but I'm not thrilled.

MaBeer1972 (2119) - Reno, Nevada, USA - JUL 22, 2017
Six pack of bottles. Poured into a snifter. A deep golden color with a frothy off-white head and some lacing on the glass. Rich yeasty-fruit aroma with spice and white raisin notes. Heavy body. Earthy spice bitterness on the finish.

ManVsBeer (10786) - Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - JUN 27, 2017
Bottle from Whole Foods, Wilmington, Cookeville. Golden with a thin head. Well styled Belgian ale with a clear strength to it. Its nose has a stated bubble-gum pale malt sweetness in its nose and taste.

thedm (6273) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAY 28, 2017
This bottled brew from a bottle shop was served at a cool temperature and poured a medium sized head of foamy fine to medium sized white colored bubbles that were and left behind semi-transparent light yellow orange colored body and a thick foamy lacing. The weak aroma was musty. The mouth feel was weakly tingly at the start mediumly tingly at the finish with a medium candy aftertaste. The ok flavor contained notes of mild hops candy and malt. A decent one that I would consider drinking again.

MavDunk (108) - - MAY 14, 2017
Pours golden and not quite clear. Head is thin, milky white. Aroma of biscuits and ripe fruit. Taste has some light hops early with caramel and ripe fruit. Slight alcohol taste as you might expect with 8.5 % ABV. Not quite as enjoyable as the dubbel. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

rubbishystuff (2537) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 7, 2017
From Chris’ on the corner. Malty, yeasty, fruity yeasty, sweet beer. Nice but maybe not crisp enough. Serving: Bottle

DavidWoodruff (629) - Windsor, California, USA - MAR 31, 2017
Golden with a thin white head. Fruity esters with candy, honey notes. Malty sweet up front but drier in the finish. Perfect amount of hop bitterness to off set the malty sweetness. Alcohol level seems appropriate to style. Enjoyable.