overall
RATINGS: 1461   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Our Trippel Belgian Style Ale (pronounced triple) opens with a bold blast of hops that slowly gives way to the fruity esters implied by our Belgian yeast strain. The Three Graces hand-painted on the label are Zeus’s daughters Aglaia (splendor), Euphrosyne (mirth) and Thalia (good cheer). In the Belgian tradition of brewing singles, doubles and triples, Trippel is the strongest with the longest fermentation. Remarkably smooth and complex, our bottle-conditioned Trippel is spiced with a trace of coriander.

Gmku's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gmku (303) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - DEC 24, 2012
I don’t have a lot of good things to say about New Belgium. For the most part, their beers to me fall short of the mark, poor imitations of the styles they pursue. But this tripel and their dubbel are pretty good. It ends a little too sweet for my taste, but as a big fan of this style, I have to say that it is overall a good example.

Chrisd180 (25) - - OCT 12, 2017
A super nice crisp triple that looks beautiful. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ebone1988 (2070) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - OCT 11, 2017
Bottle from Merchants. Aroma is banana, clove, tropical fruit, booze, slightly floral, some earthiness, decent. Appearance is golden, white head, unfiltered. Taste is clove, tropical fruit, banana, spicy, earthy, esters, boozy, decent. Mouthfeel is medium body, light crisp carbonation, clove and tropical fruit booze aftertaste. Overall, I've had worse.

SODAK14 (382) - Rapid City, South Dakota, USA - OCT 6, 2017
Very nice trippel. A bit hoppy but really pleasant to drink. Only "complaint" would be a slight alcohol taste...but that is only if I was looking for a flaw.

TheLouse8 (26) - Nebraska, USA - OCT 1, 2017
Jsjksjjejjekdjdkwjjehrjjejjsjjdjdjjekkdkdjekdifdke via Beer Buddy for iPhone

higgsbison (261) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 21, 2017
An interesting beer, hoppy but not overly so. Notes of pepper and spices which makes sense as it is brewed with coriander. Probably not one I would buy but would enjoy it anytime I drank it ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Dal9000 (665) - Ohio, USA - AUG 28, 2017
Sampled at 2017 Dayton Alefest- a classic tripped. Creamy mouthfeel with bananas and grain and malty spices. ---Rated via Beer Buddy

eallenbrown (29) - - JUL 28, 2017
Aromas of banana and apricot, taste of esters, clove, and dark candy sugar. Just ok the sweet side for my Tastes, but hits all the Belgian triple notes and will certainly scratch that itch. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

john_hops_kinz (24) - - JUL 27, 2017
New Belgium Trippel: It tastes like buttermilk and banana-flavored schnapps with a teaspoon of caper juice.

Hopper8 (227) - Holland, Michigan, USA - JUL 26, 2017
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2017 It's good, it's very pleasant, it's got nice yeasts, nice malts. It is very much a trippel, but it's not very complex, although drinkable. I like it, but I'm not thrilled.

MaBeer1972 (2142) - Reno, Nevada, USA - JUL 22, 2017
Six pack of bottles. Poured into a snifter. A deep golden color with a frothy off-white head and some lacing on the glass. Rich yeasty-fruit aroma with spice and white raisin notes. Heavy body. Earthy spice bitterness on the finish.