overall
RATINGS: 274   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.84/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 264   ABV: 8.8%
G - Bot is an intensely hopped Double India Pale Ale brewed with a blend of three varieties of American Hops. 85 ibu’s this beer is brewed for those of us who need an aromatic and flavorfully hopped beer.

devman171 (1223) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - FEB 3, 2014
Bottle pours orangeish yellow, aroma is big citrus and floral notes, taste is fairly sweet finish on top of the bitterness, decent

justabeergeek (269) - Albany, New York, USA - FEB 3, 2014
A: Glowing orange/apricot color with pillowy head head that forms outstanding peaks and laces well.

N: Citrus and tropical fruit, lots of orange and mango present. There is a good bit of resin in the background that lets you know you’re in for a bitter punch.

T: Right up front, there is a big punch of grapefruit and lemon zest that makes way to a dank, resinous hop bite balanced by a fairly present malt backbone (caramel, a touch of coffee). I get pepper, papaya, and passionfruit notes in there as well. Has a distinctly fresh taste.

O: World-class example of an IPA, one that remains drinkable while still packing a big punch. Stellar.

Mep3222 (1661) - East Greenbush, New York, USA - JAN 29, 2014
Some floral hop aroma and some piney, with a bready malty backbone. Taste is malty, slight bready and slight sweet, bitter piney hops balance the malt pretty well. Slight sweet malt finish with the bitter pine aftertaste. There is some citrus hop flavors, but minimal. Nice double ipa, but prefer a bit different hop profile. Still very tasty. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

DialSquare (5142) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 9, 2014
Can shared up at Proof by Matt (thanks!). Copper pour. Aroma is floral hop, cereal. Tastes: big, resiny, even, citrus bitter. Nice. Would like to try again. 7.6

Dogbrick (14009) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 29, 2013
Pours a bright slightly hazy golden-orange color with a medium white head that evaporates steadily. Strings of lacing on the glass. Aroma of citrus, hops and malt. Medium to full body with flavors of grapefruit, hops, pine and toasted malt. The finish is moderately bitter with a lingering citrusy hops aftertaste. Pretty good all around.

Ataraxia (582) - California, USA - DEC 27, 2013
Lightly hazy golden color, dense and frothy white head. Very mild aroma of orange and grapefruit. Juicy sweetness comes out in the taste. Smooth, a little bit oily, and almost light-bodied. A good clean and crisp finish. Almost no alcohol presence.

topoisomerase (12) - - DEC 24, 2013
Found some cans at a local store. Great pour with an inch of white head. Pretty orange color. Great fresh hop aroma. The strength is evident but not overbearing. Appropriately bitter which a good finish. I could readily drink too much of this.

mverity (362) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Can share at Proof courtesy of Matt Masterson. Pours a pale slightly hazy yellow. Good bubbly white head that lasted almost a minute. Thin collar. Nice spicy, piney hop aroma with a fair amount of malt sweetness noticeable. Taste is the same. Great. Again, not a piney hop fan, but when it’s done well, it really works. High carbonation and medium body.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 21, 2013
Blind #5 - 12oz can

A: Standard pull tab status. Decent gaseous exchange upon cracking. Pours out like mama’s chicken broth: turbid and glowing with a bit of a burnt tinge to it. A soapy off-white quilt rests into a collared sheet of the same. Polka-dot laced. (3)

S: Sweet malt up front - cara pils feel to the nose. I can’t explain what it is, but cara pils, honey malt and the like give a different “feel” to the nose - slightly muggy, but in a good way. My nostrils flare and I take in citrus, marshmallows and apricots oh my! Slightest hint of american yeasty beasts. Overall sweet and easy nose. (3.5)

T: Still really sweet this one. My immediate reaction is this is a winter time IPA (as I like super light malt with sharp hops in the summer) - sweet, relatively thick. This lugs quite a bitter jab on my palate. A nearly spicy finish has me thinking either this has rye, or intriguingly hidden ABV.... The fruits remain native to the olfactory experience while my buds take on the battle of sweets and bitters. I’m a bit thrown off by this one due to the malt profile - starting to thing ESB with dry hops. Shit, this is getting scary. (3.5)

M: Medium to heavy to my judgment (penultimate in value). Prickly carbonation is retained through the breadth of time required to take this in. Slick finish and resonating tannic feel. The body on this is quite nice. (4)

O: Blindly speaking, if somebody handed me this and said it was a homebrew, I would think it was a slightly bitter ESB, or an IPA in need of some hop schedule adjustments. Either way, not a bad beer, and in looking at the numbers, I should not give two buckets of my wife’s deuce what the label is - cuz I love what’s inside (in my wife’s case, me). (4)

Guess: an IPA. Not better guesses after that, don’t recognize the malt or hop profile.
Reveal: NEBCO Gandhi-Bot! Man, I wish there was a can date on there. I’ve heard such different things about this beer, I’m surprised there wasn’t more up front. I think if they toned down the bittering hops a hare, and then dry hopped the fuck out of this it would be epic.

Serving type: can

05-29-2011

JStax (7228) - Devola/Marietta, Ohio, USA - DEC 15, 2013
Growler shared. Pours a clear copper with a white head of foam. Tropical fruits and grass. Fruity and sweet and mildly bitter. Delicious.