overall
RATINGS: 724   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Apple Ale sings with the fresh crisp taste of Wisconsin Apples. Our brewmaster begins with a brown ale base employing Wisconsin farmed wheat and a blend of Cortland, MacIntosh and Jonathan apples. Our apple growing friends squeeze them especially for this brew. Expect this ale to pour a beautiful copper color. The fresh bouquet of Apple will rise to meet you even before the glass touches your lips.

richdorchak (17) - Alexandria, Virginia, USA - MAY 29, 2012
This is my first beer by NG. This beer is in a class of its own when it comes to fruit beers. Blows away the stuff I was drinking in Belgium...seriously. Fruit beers usually have some fruit with a crazy alcohol taste and some other odd tastes. Not here. This beer is all fruit and it is awesome!!! Completely undetectable alcohol and HUGE apple taste. I swear this tastes like awesome carbonated apple jiuce. Really really nice beer!!

beermenow1 (4) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JAN 23, 2017 does not count
This Ale totally shocked me! I am not a big into ciders at all so I was a little skeptical to buy it. I am glad I did!! It pours a copper to light amber color with a strong aroma of apples. The taste is all apple with a dry finish. I want more!

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - NOV 17, 2005
Been waiting a very long time to try this one. My next door neighbor brought me some back from Wisconsin. Dark Apple Cider looking beverage. Tons of apple and sweet caramel flavoring. You can actually taste the raw apple flavor in this beer!!! Fantastic freaking beer. There’s nothing wrong with an excellent Fruit Beer, this is the best I’ve had. Another can’t miss product from New Glarus. Those who don’t enjoy this style are really missing out. Nice sweet apple finish. Is exactly what it says it is.

patrickfannon (1242) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 7, 2011
Bottle. 12 oz. Split with and courtesy of Vinnie. First off, let me just say, "Holy Shit." This is one of the best session beers I have ever tasted in my entire life. Once popped, this beauty pours an ever so slightly cloudy, yet dominantly clear pumpkin orange with a soft, fluffy white gentle head that rests atop the beer and leaves spotty traces across the surface. After each sip, a wave of tightly bubbled lace rises and then falls, leaving a high-water mark of lacing. Nose is overwhelmingly Fuji and Granny Smith apple tart mixed with graham cracker pie crust, fresh vanilla ice cream, carmelized honey, doughy yeast, and subtle notes of . Freshly baked, chunky tart apple pie filling and subtly roasty pie crust wash over the tongue, leaving behind notes of vanilla ice cream, cinnamon, and even some slight cherry in the finish. Soft, supple, yet tangy, slightly chewy palate with a spritely, lively body to enrich and enhance the tart apple and vanilla flavors. Finishes crisply, but with just enough juicy apple smoothness to make it perfectly balanced. New Glarus really work wonders with fruit. Try this ale if you are a serious fan of beer.

Low69caprice (100) - Yucca valley, California, USA - SEP 10, 2015
Spilled aroma taste of apples and hint cider character with some light malts, very well balanced and crisp apple tart finish.