overall
RATINGS: 552   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Hearty and satisfying, our Coffee Stout is the ultimate full-bodied brew. Wisconsin water, roasted malts, and imported hops are the natural ingredients we use to brew this bier. Then cold pressed organic coffee from Just Coffee Co-op is infused into the brew. Expect this bier to pour a deep creamy head over an ebony rich body. Notice the powerful malt bouquet balanced by a spectrum of extravagant flavor. Served at room temperature this Wisconsin Coffee Stout is guaranteed to warm even the coldest heart.

awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 18, 2003
Loved the way it poured, low carbonation, dark brew. First taste and I was hooked, tasted the coffee in the aftertaste. Had a hard time having enough patience to let this one warm to room temp. It was worth the wait.

matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - OCT 14, 2003
This stout was acquired in trade with Bigbadbear63, he is the Shizat!
Oh mama, Now you speakha Me language!! This stout pours a deep jet-black body with a immense caramel colored head. The aroma is, caramel, toffee, chocolate, French roast, Woo, the flavor-flav is a robust and roasted chocolate malt and cream…much sweeter than I had anticipated… I actually pick up more chocalate than I do coffee, although it is evident, I even find a trace of vanilla.
The palate is like a thin chocolate moose, a bit skinny, if this stout had more texture it would be intensely sublime.

GermanBrews76 (680) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2003
surprisingly see through. tiny tan glossy head. plenty of espresso, chocolate. great coffee flavor. heavy roasted barley presence. light mouthfeel. a good stout, pretty effervescent. a bit bigger body would satisfy me

kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Very dark and thick brew. Minimal carbonation. Actually tasted better after warming a bit. Very bitter aftertaste.

flemdawg (562) - Rowlett, Texas, USA - AUG 10, 2003
Overall a very good beer. Nice color, nice head, nice smell. Nice coffee in the taste without being overpowering. Nice all around

drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 18, 2003
Hey this was allright. My roomates hail from the lovely state of Wisconsin and apparently the natives think this is a horrible brewery, which my roomates consider a travesty. Thick coffe presence, a very nice robust palate and decent body behind it. Different from many coffee stouts, but not different enough to be exported country-wide.

Silphium (3199) - Traverse City, Michigan, USA - JUL 14, 2003
My first New Glarus brew is pleasant, but not a standout brew in any way. Strong coffee aroma emanates from the dark brown, white/tan-headed body. Flavor is much the same: nice roasted barley and coffee. Way too thin to be considered excellent, but solid nonetheless.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - JUL 4, 2003
Flavorful basic stout. Not much to say, for I have been drinking Bell's today. Light coffee and chocolate. Pretty good, I should say.

JCW (1278) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 3, 2003
Very good sweet stout, thanks Tannertavernboys or Eric. Very dark and smooth, moderate head that quickly dissipates. Light to medium body for a sweet stout. Smooth roast flavors and yes coffee. Taste alot like coffee with cream and sugar. Mildly dry finish, I enjoyed this one!

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUL 2, 2003
Color is a deep, deep brown, nearly black, with a thin tannish head of creamy foam that faded fast, leaves some light lacy strings. Smell is roasted malt with a hint of coffee, soft nose. Taste is mild roasted malt with a touch of coffee with a pleasing slight bittering coffee bean finish that shows up late. Its a bit flat and thin, could be bolder and heavier in both flavor and body. Don't get me wrong, its still a very drinkable stout, a touch above most. I enjoyed it enough to fulfill my coffee/stout craze.