overall
RATINGS: 559   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.86/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
If you dream of wheat this brew will get your toes tapping. Since 1995 we have brewed Bavarian style wheat beers exclusively for the same great state that grows and malts our own Wisconsin wheat. In a world full of posers this is a true hefe-weizen naturally 100% bottle fermented and hazy.

Expect this beer to cascade effervescent into your glass. The rich spicy clove and cinnamon notes will greet your nose while sweet fruit and wheat kisses your lips.

Lick the foam from your mouth and admit sometimes you just gotta get up and dance.

nhorween (645) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 8, 2007
Bottle. Thanks, sersdf. Really, really good. Full wheat aroma and deliciously simple and full of flavor. A gymnastic bonanzafest of beery goodness in my mouth. The best hefeweizen I’ve had to date.

joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2007
12oz Bottle $7.99 6-Pack Coffee Grounds, Eau Claire Not one of my favorite styles but I noticed this getting rave reviews and I always look forward to trying New Glarus’s new offerings so I picked some Dancing Man up. Pours a glowing hazy orange with huge amounts of carbonation exploding to the surface. A two finger eggshell head formed on the pour that became creamy as it sat without losing any size. This is really a great looking hefe. Pretty standard aromas come from this hefe but what makes it special is it just seems more pronounced than other hefeweizens I’ve had in the past. Good dose of wheat twang with a nice sprinkling of freshly squeezed orange juice. Warm banana bread and there’s some mild clove in the background but the yeast adds another layer of spiciness. Begs to be drank. Flavor is along the lines of the aroma but more subdued and seamless. Wheat is much bolder in the flavor easing into the mild clove and yeast spiciness with a solid sampling of ripe banana. Finishes with a nice toouch of juicy orange on the swallow. The mouthfeel is as good as I can imagine coming from a hefe. Medium bodied with an incredible smooth creaminess on the palate. It’s like velvet draping my tongue. This is a refreshing supremely enjoyable hefe that I could drink the day away. This Is the best hefeweizen I’ve drank to date and one I will continue to pick up when in season. There’s is in no way an overpowering clove presence like I’ve run into with many others. New Glarus hits another homerun. 9/19/07

pantanap (3366) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 29, 2007
bottle....aroma: scents of banana, cloves, wheat and sugary malt.....appearance: golden brown with fluffy white head....taste: bananas, cloves, wheat and bready along with other spices. nice creamy mouth feel....i enjoyed this one a lot more than my rating suggests. this is one quality hefe. would be my go to hefe if i had access to it all the time.

BustedFlat (554) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - SEP 27, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2007 12 ounce bottle. Shaker glass. Cloudy yellow with a thin head. Aroma was pronounced banana and clove. This one was sharp and sweet with the typical wheat beer flavors of banana, clove and spices. The flavor was very robust and not bland like some wheat beers can be. The clove and spices stay with you for the entire beer, not like some that will tend to fade a bit as it warms. Definitely one of the better hefeweizens I’ve had and an American one at that.

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 27, 2007
Slightly cloudy yellow gold appearance, very thin smoky head. Smells like banana nut bread: bananas, pecans, cinnamon, maybe nutmeg? Flavor is not the chemical dullness I always notice in hefeweizens...this one has a nice spicy note that really brings out the banana. It’s almost sour, like tasting an unripe banana. Mouthfeel is as expected...average but with a touch of light body that I associate with most wheat-based beers. Really a drinkable beer to say the least. I agree with the previous rater: this IS the best hefeweizen I’ve had.

hophead75 (2012) - Largo, Florida, USA - SEP 27, 2007
12 oz bottle shared by Dickinsonbeer. Hazy golden in color with a lasting off white head. Aroma is great with wheat, spice and banana, very fresh and balanced. Taste is extremely well balanced between banana, spice, wheat, and a nice honey sweetness. medium to full bodied for the style. Extremely well balanced, flavors are very bright and fresh. I think this may be the best hefeweizen I’ve had.

bitbucket (2165) - Kirkland, Washington, USA - SEP 24, 2007
Bottle courtesy after4ever. Thanks! Pours hazy gold with a fluffy white head. Aroma of fruit, wheat and lemons. Light body and active carbonation. Lemon and fruit taste with a touch of spice. Lightly sour finish. Nice, but I miss the bananas.

after4ever (8025) - Mukilteo, Washington, USA - SEP 24, 2007
12-oz. Thanks, MrFacto! Pours cloudy medium gold with a towering, rocky white head. Candied lemon on the nose. Medium, slightly grainy body with moderate carb. Mid-palate has nice lemon sourness (wheaty?) and then tangy banana and clove for a sweet, somewhat lingering finish. This is a very well made and fresh-tasting proper hef. This needs more attention from everyone.

mistersinalin (381) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - SEP 23, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 31, 2008 NG is present in Wisconsin liquor stores, and it is worth the drive and boder crossing, but I have never seen this. The NBH afforded me one. This is what German hefeweizen tasted like in Munich. Really fresh clove and bana flavor. Where can I get more?

johnadam2002 (529) - Hainesport, New Jersey, USA - SEP 20, 2007
Pours hazy yellow with white head. Aroma of wheat and fruit. Nice wheat flavor with some fruit hints in the finish. I thought this was a 5% brew. I was wrong. Big thanks to KingpinIPA for trading me this!