overall
RATINGS: 602   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.07/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Happy Accident Fruit Ale Severe Drought, we shared the farmer’s horror as Wisconsin’s cherry crop failed! Dan bought what cherries he could. The apple crop fared better. Then joy! A grand Wisconsin cranberry harvest. What will Dan brew with Apples, Cranberries and Cherries? Oh my! You hold the happy accident of Wisconsin’s favorite fruit aged in oak with an almost magical wild fermentation. Serendipity is a wondrous celebration that sparkles your senses and dances across your palate. A kaleidoscope of flavors discovered by accident in a sour ale! Cheers to the unexpected. Vielen Dank!

jmagnus87 (2912) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - MAY 13, 2013
750ml bottle poured into an english pint. Pours a brownish red with minimal head. Aroma is super fruity. Apples, cranberries, cherries. It almost reminds me of one of those tri-colored frozen ice things you get at the county fair. Taste is medium sour and light sweet. Tart cherries, cranberry, apples and other fruits. Medium bodied with a thick and sticky texture. Lively carbonation and a super long finish. Overall, awesome.

chinchill (4995) - South Carolina, USA - MAY 10, 2013
Poured a lovely, sparkling clear red with a small but moderately durable red-tan head that left the glass nicely coated when tipped. [4.5] Has a very fruity aroma; tart. Appealing yet it didn’t prepare me for the magnificent taste. The flavor is loaded with mixed fruit, with both cranberries and cherries evident. Perfect TART/sweet balance. The medium-light body is lively yet creamy smooth. O: as good as any fruit beer I’ve ever had, including the finest Belgian lambics.

dmac (6264) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2013
Bottle via trade. This is one of the best fruit beers I have ever had hands down. Appearance it’s an ugly brown/red color with a small to average white tight foamy head. Aroma is loads of fresh fruits, cherry and apple, some pie crust and graham cracker. Medium to slightly thinner bodied with average carbonation. Flavor is the same as the aroma with a great apple and cherry combo along with pie crust and a slight touch of cranberry. When it comes to fruit beers no one is even close to New Glarus.

WozWx (83) - Lafayette, Indiana, USA - MAY 5, 2013
Poured from a bottle from last October (aged perfectly in the closet of my apartment lol). Brownish Red color with a nice thick head. Smelled of apples and cranberries, and had an excellent fruity taste! Honestly the best beer I've had from NG, and one of the best beers I've ever had! Can't wait to get it again next fall! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

wilnatp (693) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 4, 2013
Tap @ the brewery. Pour is reddish. Aroma of cranberry, apple, and cherry. Slightly tart but sweet. Great offering.

djroehler (290) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 2, 2013
Deep reddish brown, thin cream head. Aroma is cherry, Apple, blueberry, cranberry, sour, funk. Taste is sweet and sour cherries, cranberries, a background of green Apple, a hint of blueberry. Slightly dry, crisp on the finish.

joshwoodward (575) - - APR 28, 2013
Another New Glarus sour fruit knockout. Lots of cranberry flavors. Good slightly tart finish, sweet but not cloying. Light and very refreshing. Just a bit of funk.

Bill Becker (1037) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - APR 28, 2013
Thanks go out to Ri0 for this bottle! A- A dark red colour, big head of foam that shrinks down quickly but leaves some nice lacing behind. S- As soon as I popped the cap, the aromas literally permeated the area around me. Big green apples and sweet cherries every darn where...ooh..I am SO digging it. I could almost hover my nose over the glass for hours but...it’s time to take a sip or 2, eh? T- Oh my! The apples and cherries are there as expected but better executed than even I expected(not my first venture into NG Fruit/Vegetable beers) and then I’m hit with a mild cranberry tartness. Whoah, Nellie, this brew kills it! M- Medium bodied, carbonation light until near/at/after the swallow where it perks up a bit. MF, like everything else screams nectar of the gods. O- From my past track record for NG brews, I had high expectations. Those expectations were exceeded! Marvelous true Session beer!

pineypower (3327) - Ocean County, New Jersey, USA - APR 28, 2013
Shared thanks to Dave. Pours out an attractive reddish colors with a small white head. Aroma is of fruity soda, some apple, cranberry, cherry, light syrup. Taste is complex, lots of layers of fruity goodness, sweet apple, fresh cranberry, light tartness, cherries, sweet berry, apple pie. This is really well done!

kaser (6312) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 27, 2013
Super good. Not a normal fruity beer fan but this breaks the rules. Straight up raspberries but not too sweet.