overall
RATINGS: 1130   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 21, 2007
Pours a hazy straw amber, briefly topped by half an inch of white foam - which quickly reduces to just a ring. Still, there is a fair amount of lacing. Very mildly sweet malt in the aroma. The flavor is somewhat like the aroma, though a little more noticeable - mild and sweet, maybe a bit of fruit in there too. A floral grassy hop presence makes itself known in the finish. Body on the light side, solid carbonation.

murrayswine (101) - Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 18, 2007
What can I say about the number one beer in Wisconsin right now.... Well, It’s my go to when all else isnt available, and all I have left is BMCs. Pours a very light gold/yellow with a minimal head. The nose is light and nutty with a little hop, and some butter. The taste is loose and light. Tastes like good bread, but as a beer, it’s a session horse, no more, no less. Not bad if you wanna drink A LOT.

Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 17, 2007
Hazy orangish gold with almost no head. Weak malt and fruit aromas. Sweet grainy flavor with some citrus. Mild and slightly watery, but smooth with a strange off-putting finish. Nothing special, pretty ordinary.

Andrewkaveny (6) - Mankato, Minnesota, USA - JAN 11, 2007 does not count
UPDATED: JAN 12, 2007 This beer has a creamy, bitter-lacking, very easy downing flavor. I tried it in a bottle, so I only got a slight sense of its sweet aroma. One of the tastier beers I’ve tried in awhile. If you’re lucky enough to find it; get it! And enjoy!

ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JAN 11, 2007
Bottle from Ryan (juelze) thanks. Pours out a yellow color with a white head that goes away pretty quick. Smell has some sweetness, corn, and a little fruitiness. Taste is sweet and smooth, pretty drinkable. I can see this being a pretty good session beer. Thanks Ryan.

cperry8483 (41) - Platteville, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 8, 2007
I for one am not a fan of this beer at all. I may have had one bad experience where I nearly vomited after having this on tap, but that might have been fluke. Who knows. But I will avoid Spotted Cow from now one despite everyone and their mother in Wisconsin LOVING the pants off of this beer.

Tmoney99 (14365) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 6, 2007
Bottle shared at Dilly Deli. Poured hazy yellow color with an minimal fizzy head that diminished quickly and left fair lacing. Medium sweet grainy aroma. Light to medium body with soft carbonation. Medium sweet flavor with a light sweet finish of short duration. My expectations were not met.

jgd0608 (187) - Zeeland, Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2007
Thanks to Ford9719 for sharing this with me. Smell is how can i say, Blah. Taste is i would say a fuller bodied bud light??? Must say i haven’t had much of new glarus, but was expecting better things out of them.

ford9719 (371) - Vilseck, GERMANY - JAN 5, 2007
Bottle. Thanks to a buddy went home for Christmas. Poured a golden color with a little white head. Aroma is of sweetr cow shit. Taste just like water with no flavor at all.

JoshuaB (476) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - JAN 2, 2007
Eh. You already know my feelings of New Glarus, and Wisconsin in general. All that aside, this one is drinkable, highly so, but yet not very enjoyable. Corn is there. Not much else.