overall
RATINGS: 1135   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Brewed with flaked barley and the finest Wisconsin malts. We even give a nod to our farmers with a little hint of corn. Naturally cloudy we allow the yeast to remain in the bottle to enhance fullness of flavors, which can not be duplicated otherwise. Expect this Ale to be fun, fruity and satisfying.

grimreeser (797) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 28, 2006
Pours a light yellow orange with a medium whitish head that disappears quickly. Smells sweet. Aroma of lemon, orange, and yeah, some corn. Slightly thin palate. Somewhat sweet taste.

shigadeyo (3739) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 22, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 26, 2007 Original comments posted on 7/22/2006... Tasted from a bottle I picked up while passing through Wisconsin. Spotted Cow is cloudy and light yellow-slightly orange color. Slightly sweet aroma. Moderately carbonated with a lasting crown. Very light and refreshing. Slightly sweet on the lips and in the finish. Slightly fruity as well, but can also taste the presence of corn. Overall it’s drinkable, especially on a hot day, but somewhat bland and watery and nothing that really makes this brew particularly memorable. Rating: 5 3 6 3 13 = 3.

I sampled this beer on tap on 10/11/2006 at a restaurant called "Glarner Stube" in New Glarus, Wisconsin. It wasn’t quite as sweet and creamy on draught as it is from the bottle. I picked up another bottle of this from the New Glarus brewery that I hope to sample again soon...

3/21/2007: New Glarus Spotted Cow pours a slightly hazy yellow color with a quickly diminishing, fizzy white head (no residual crown or lacing). The aroma and flavor are mildly sweet, malty (light malts, no corn), and fruity (lemon, apple, faint banana?). The body is light to medium-light, crisp on the palate, and generously carbonated (lively on the tongue). Overall, Spotted Cow is a great anytime beer and probably one of the best cream ales out there... 12 oz bottle directly from the New Glarus Brewery (purchased on 11/11/2006).

jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - JUL 21, 2006
From a 12 oz. long neck brown bottle with a blurb on the right side of label. Poured a cloudy dull, pale yellowish orange with a small foamy head that settled into a thin lacing. Aromas of sweet cream corn, lemon fruity and a light grain husky. A little fizzy at first, but moderate carbonation overall, a softly crisp, smooth medium bodied mouthfeel. Pleasant tasting, but also kind of bland, a little too macro, sweet cooked corn and grain husks, a light lemon fruitiness that for me is the best thing in the taste, the hops are a bit spicy, but largely tasteless and a dryish sweet finish. May be number one in Wisconsin, but this is my least favorite beer from New Glarus. This used to be widely available here in central Illinois, but no longer, this was the first one I had in a few years, I don’t miss it like I do some other New Glarus brews.

Arnie (274) - Chicagoland, IL, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2006
Nothing to add that hasn’t been said already, eaisly drinable and refreshing. A favorite among friends, clean and refreshing, and not over-priced.

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 15, 2006
Spotted Cow is a staple among widely available Wisconsin "micros". It’s got a sweet flavor to it that many people enjoy when they want to try something other than Miller, but it’s pretty overrated imho. It’s a cloudy gold/orange with some speckled head. Aroma of sugar and corn. It’s often times the best thing available on tap in my part of Wisconsin, so I’m quite familiar with it. Good cold, not so good warm. Some aspect of it has a tendency to give headaches when consumed in mass quantities while fishing. This is most comparable (but inferior) to Lake Louie’s Prairie Moon Farmhouse Ale. Still, it was one of the first beers that I "branched out" with, so I give it a few bonus points for being a gateway drug.

tranum (34) - delafield, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 14, 2006
I never understood what was so good about this beer yet it is so popular here in Wisconsin. While i find this beer very refreshing I would not buy it on my own.

chimpscampee (566) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 10, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 9, 2006 Boring and light with fruit notes. I don’t understand the popularity of this beer. Nothing special but sort of pricy.

holdenn (2116) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 26, 2006
pours cloudy yellow with fading white head. aromas of lemon, malt, wheat. flavors the same but with a hint of corn and yeast. very well balanced very light. finishs very clean. great on a summer day

wizzler (25) - Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 23, 2006
best out of the tap. Doesn’t finish the greatest and its flavor is pretty good, it is a drinkable beer.

undsioux7 (872) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - JUN 22, 2006
Pours a hazy pale yellow with a small white head that dissapates quickly. Aroma of lemon and Tang. Yes I said Tang. Decent mouthfeel with a very reserved corn, orange, soap taste that finishes with a wimper. Not much there but not bad either.